Once Upon a Time

Chapter 7

On our way to the parking lot Jacob was silent.
"So...How was your day?" I asked. He cracked a smile.
"Well it was pretty normal and boring. How about yours?"
"Well homeroom was fun because we all talked about cars. Lunch was fun because I watched Embrey and Quill fight over my pudding cup, the children. But then Paul won which was hilarious! And Art was fun because I started my self portrait. That was pretty much my day." By then we were at the Rabbit.

I saw Edward and the pretty people (Which I had formally dubbed them.) staring. They had a nice car, import I believe. I turned back to Jake and gave him a hug, then climbed in the Rabbit.
"What was that for?" He asked as he put the key into the ignition.
I smiled, "For earlier. Plus it gives me pleasure to fuel the rumors that were dating.” He shook his head and started the drive home.

-Later that night-

While I looked out the window I saw a russet colored wolf run into the forest. That’s right, Jake had night duty this week. I laid in bed as I thought over the days events. I wondered of Edward would be suspicious. I wasn’t suppose to know his name but then again he was talked about a lot at the school.

If he asks me I could just ask him why him and all the pretty people keep staring at me. Who knew going back to public school would turn out to be so complicated. I sat on my window sill and looked up at the moon. I heard howls and smiled.

I wonder if I should tell Jake that I know what he is? But then I’d have to explain how I knew. They hid it very well and besides the times I see them in the forest, they hadn’t transformed or anything where I could see. I’d much rather keep my story book past a secret. At least I know Edward wouldn’t tell. He didn’t remember anyway. With that bitter sweet thought, I curled up into a ball and fell asleep on the sill.

I always slept this way. Jake said it’s because I’m like half cat, or a wolf cub. I know he’s just joking but, I think it’s because I’m afraid of something.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize this is short. I'm in the process of wrighting the next chapter. I'm trying to make these longer ebcause all the fan fics i read have long chapters and i feel bad for not giving you that. They look long in my notebook. Anyway gove me three comments and i'll get it done quicker.-Kitty