Seem to Stop My Breath

I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day
]Gerard’s Point of view

“What’s wrong Gerard?”

“Cass, I’m, this is really hard to say, mainly because you might leave if I tell you.”

“Gerard, I could never leave you because of some secret.”

I looked up into those trusting eyes. I knew I could tell her anything, but it’s a big secret Not many people would believe me. Crash believed Frank mainly because she was practically a vampire without fangs. She looked at me with the utmost concern; I just can’t lie to her any longer.

“I’mavampire.”

“What?”

“I, am, a vampire.”

She gave me the scariest look, I can’t blame her though, I did just tell her I kill
innocent humans so that I can live another month.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean, that I, and everyone else in this house, is a vampire.”

“Oh, um, okay, right.”

I knew she didn’t believe me; I don’t blame her, fangs to the rescue. I smiled,
mouth open exposing my teeth. Then forced my fangs down, so that I actually looked like a vampire. One of the good things is that the fangs are semi retractable. I had to learn how to do it, but once you learn, it’s easier to fit in with society. Now, she looked positively scared.

“Why are you telling me this? isn’t’ this one of those secrets you don’t spill until you’re about to kill someone?”

“Never though of it that way. Wait, do you think I’m going to kill you? Cause Cassie that will
never happen.”

“Oh”

“I promise, I will never let anyone hurt you. I invited you here today to introduce you to my
family. All of them are vampires. Well technically only Mikey’s my family, and Ana my sister -
in-law. The rest, I’ve just known since I’ve been little and we just moved in here together.”

“What?”

“Have you ever heard the term Coven? Yes? Well, technically this is a Coven, where vampire
traveling the countryside could stop in for the day. Well we don’t use the word coven
anymore, I think it sounds really stupid, but anyways, we use the term House. Mainly because it sounds less cult-ish. Otherwise, we’re just as crazy as other people’s friends or families.”

“How many people live here?”

“Right now? Nine, there’s me, obviously, Mikey and Ana, Frank and Crash, Bob and Taylor
and Ray and Tes. My parents would normally be here, but they’re reliving their youth around
Europe and I don’t want to think of what they did as youths.”

“Yeah that could scar you even more. Is there anything else I should know? Any other secrets?”

She seemed to be taking this extremely well. I think it was the fangs that finally convinced her, fangs tend to do that. I racked my brain trying to think of something that she didn’t know.

“Oh you know Pete, Andy, Joe and Patrick?”

“Yeah, they work at the bookstore too don’t they?”

“Yeah, well they’re vampires too. They have a house a little more than an hour away from here.”

“So, out of your group of friends who isn’t a vampire?”

“You”