Seem to Stop My Breath

Where You're A Cut Above All The Rest

Pete's Point Of View

It had been a month since Gerard told Cassie that we were all vampires. She seemed to be handling it quite well. Unfortunately his parents had come home the night she had spent the night. No one knew what his parents talked to him about that night. Ana came over that night and explained it all to us. She is such a great little sister. Gerard and Cassie have been seeing a lot of each other lately. She stops in the bookstore everyday before she starts work. She walked in, right on time.
“Hey Cassie”
“Hi Pete, where”
“He’s coming, he was in the backroom”
Gerard came up behind her, grabbed her hips and spun her around. She giggled and kissed him. I went back to work, until I heard someone scream.
“PEEEEEEEEEEEEEETE!”
Hearing my name screamed by a familiar feminine voice, I looked up to see Andie running toward me. Before I could respond she had already jumped into my arms and wrapped her legs around my waist. I looked her straight in the eyes and she kissed me with a lot of force considering she wasn’t standing. I was in an awkward position for a make out session though. For one thing, I was about to drop Andie, which I knew she would get mad at me for. And two of my friends were watching, which made me want to make out more. I compromised by carefully letting Andie down while kissing her. A feat no ordinary man could accomplish. After a couple of minutes we stopped to see an incredibly confused Cassie.
“What?”
“I though you were dating Chrissy.”
“No, no, Andy is dating Chrissy and we‘re married”
She still looked confused as she processed the information.
“Wait, then who’s Andy’s sister?”
“He’s an only child. Chrissy is Patrick’s older sister.”
“Oh, I need a drink or something.”
“Yeah, seems like it. Oh you two haven’t officially met have you? Well Andie, this is Cassie. Cassie, Andie”
They awkwardly shook hands, and then I realized that Andie didn’t know that Cassie knew.
“Oh, Andie, Cassie knows about us.”
“OH, okay”
Andie glomped Cassie.
“Welcome to our strange little club”
“Thanks?”
Cassie had to go to work, but before she went, Gerard and her went out for coffee. Leaving me and Andie unsupervised in the store.