Seem to Stop My Breath

Found A Box Of Sharp Objects What A Beautiful Thin

Gerard’s point of view

I was incredibly nervous when I went to pick Cassie up Friday night. My parents had finally given me the okay to make Cassie a vampire, but I wasn’t exactly sure how to bring it up to her. She had been over at the House every day this week. She knew something I didn’t. Ray was avoiding her like the plague. I figured it had to do with me. I knew she wanted to be a Vampire, I knew she was ready but was I? Could I make her face so much pain, just for me? I tried to put it out of my mind as I pulled up in front of her apartment building. Before I was even out of the car, she was out the door dressed to kill. Everything went perfect that night. We went to dinner, then the show. I could tell Cassie loved it, I could tell she loved me. Nothing went wrong until I went to drop her off. I had just put the car in park when she looked at the door to the apartment building. Joe and Mikey had just ran up to it. She didn’t even give me a chance to open the door for her. As I turned off the car she opened the door and was already at the door looking at an out of breath Joe and Mikey.
“What are you two doing here?”
She sounded confused and worried both of them looked scared beyond their wits.
“Are you going to answer Cassie’s’ question, or do we have to stand here all night?” I asked.
Mikey looked up still out of breath and shook his head slightly.
“Forus” Joe stuttered.
“What? Where?” I asked
“Who?” Cassie didn’t know about them. I was about to explain when mikey finally spoke.
“The Forus, they’re a gang of vampires that would kill you if they saw you.”
“Why?”
“Cassie, go get some clothes.”
“Why?”
“The Forus are opposed to vampire human relationships, and now, they’re in town.”
“But, how do they know about us? I mean, Gerard and I haven’t exactly been parading around the country.”
Mikey, finally catching his breath looked at Cassie as I held her tight against my chest.
“I don’t know how they find things out. But, we just saw them. We had just closed, and as we left the premises their new leader came up to me, because he knows all the head’s of covens’ children. He said “Hey Mike, where’s your brother? We heard he’s got a mortal following him around. To bad she won’t be around for long.” Joe and I realized what they were going to do and ran here as quick as we could. I couldn’t remember when you were coming home. So I hoped to get to one of you before they got to you.”
Cassie looked like she was going to pass out. I couldn’t blame her. People who she had never met before had threatened to kill her. Not exactly the most comforting thought. Now, she was shaking and holding on to me incredible tight. I rubber her back a little and then realized what I had to do.
“Cassie, we need to go to your apartment. Now.”
She reached into her purse for her keys, and pulled them out. She unlocked the door, and we all followed her in. Joe stayed at the front door, while mikey headed to the back door. Cassie and I went into her room.
“Cassie, grab as much clothes as you can. I don’t know how long you’ll have to stay away from here.”
“Why? Why do they want to kill me?”
“Like mikey said, they don’t like when vampires date mortals. Why? I couldn’t tell you. Also, remember the guy who tried to bite you?”
“Yeah”
“He was their old leader”
She looked at me petrified.
“I didn’t kill him”
“I know, but you led to his death, you are hailed by most covens, so in my House you’ll be safe, out here, you won’t.”
I helped her pack a bunch of clothes. She had three bags filled, but it still was only a week or so worth of clothes, I knew we’d have to come back, with a guard. I picked up the bags and gave her a reassuring kiss on the lips. She looked up at me with the utmost trust. I knew I had to protect her. Without her, I’d be just a shell of a person. I let the way into the living room I called Mikey to the front door and we left the building. Joe said he’d walk home from here, plus he had some hunting to do. So Mikey, Cassie, and I got in the car and drove toward the House. We got there and Cassie and I immediately headed up toward my room. Mikey went to tell the others that the Forus were in town, particularly looking for Cassie. I put her stuff down in my room, later I’d find a clean empty room for her to sleep in for the next week or so. She grabbed one of her bags and went into my bathroom to change. I changed into a t-shirt and boxers and laid down on my bed, thinking about all the stuff that had happened in the past week. Cassie came out of the bathroom and laid down next to me.
“I’m scared’
“Don’t be, as long as you’re inside this House nobody can hurt you.”
I leaned over and kissed her. She took a deep breath and pulled me onto of her. Soon I was straddling her hips and kissing her jaw line. This was a familiar scene. Only this time she didn’t say a word. She started to reach for the waistband of my boxers but I had other plans. She had her neck completely open. A perfect shot. Slowly, I extended my fangs. I accidentally brushed them against her neck, and I felt her tense up, then relax. I gave her neck one final kiss before I bit her lightly. I didn’t bite it hard enough to kill her, just enough to turn her. She looked up at me with a look of surprise and content in her eyes.
“What happens now?”
“We have ten minutes to stop the bleeding, then you’ll pass out, no matter what.”
“Okay”
I helped her up, and we headed to my bathroom for a warm washcloth. The bite was incredibly shallow, so it stopped bleeding rather quickly. However, I could see Cassie getting tired already. I laid down in my bed, and she cuddled up next to me. She looked into my eyes and whispered.
“I love you”
“I love you too”
Then she fell asleep in my arms. It was going to be a hard month ahead, but as long as I was there for her, Cassie would be fine.