Seem to Stop My Breath

It's Amazing what you'll find when you just open y

it's amazing what you'll find when you just open your eyes
Cassie’s point of view

I woke up the next morning to find Gerard’s arm around my waist. He had a really contented look on his face. By the way he had his arms wrapped around me I knew he hadn’t moved since last night when I passed out. I lay there for awhile thinking about all the stuff that had happened in the last 24 hours. First, a date with Gerard, then found out my life was in danger and now, I’m on my way to becoming a vampire I didn’t want to wake him up so I lightly kissed him on the forehead. Apparently I’m not as subtle as I think because Gerard woke up.
“how are you feeling?”
“well, the only difference from last night is that my neck hurts”
“I tried to go easy.”
“considering you broke the skin, if it didn’t hurt I would be more concerned.
He laughed and smiled. He looked at the scab that was now forming and seemed satisfied.
“Well, I’ve got to shower and go to work. Not to mention tell everyone one that we’ll have a houseguest for the next month.”
“month?”
“Yeah, you won’t be a true vampire for about a month, and we can’t risk you going out unprotected.”
“okay”
I got out of the bed and stretched. I quickly brushed my teeth and showered so that Gerard could get ready. When I got out of the shower he was standing there smiling.
“okay, so Ray, Tes, Mikey, Ana, Bob, and Taylor know. I don’t exactly know where Crash and Frank are this late in the day, nor do I want to go into their room looking for them.”
“I bet I know what they’re doing” I said playfully
“so do I”
Gerard went into the bathroom and I finished getting dressed. I decided to explore the house and headed down to the first floor down the main staircase. There was at least one other staircase, but I didn’t feel like getting lost looking for it. When I got down the stairs I saw Patrick asleep on one of the couches. He seemed to be moving so I crossed the hall towards him. Right as I reached him he opened his eyes, shocked to find someone staring at him.
“um, shouldn’t you be sleeping outside someone’s door right now?”
“Pete said he’d take care of it.”
“ahh,”
“wait, why are you here?”
I showed him my neck and he looked even more confused.
“who? When? It wasn’t the Forus was it?”
“no, it was Gerard, last night.”
“and you got to spend the night.”
“yep”
“too bad you were passed out for the night”
“yeah. Hey, how come you’re here and not with someone?”
“someone? As in a girlfriend? I don’t have one.”
“Poor Patrick”
“yes, Poor, Poor Patrick. Poor Ric. Ironically, I’m quite wealthy”
He smiled and I shook my head.
“well, I’m sure I’ll see you later, right now, I’m a little hungry.”
“Okay, see you later.”
I left Patrick sleeping on the couch and headed towards the kitchen, finding Frank and Crash. Crash was standing at the refrigerator, with Frank behind her, his arms around her waist. Crash actually giggled as he kissed her neck. Then they both heard the door close and looked up to see me standing there. I noticed that Crash was dressed in a tee and what appeared to be Frank’s boxers. I stifled a laugh.
“uh, good morning?”
“technically Cassie, its afternoon”
“your hair is wet”
Crash and I looked at Frank who had just said the most obvious thing in the entire world.
“Yes Frank, that’s what happens when you take showers.”
Crash’s face lit up as she looked at me
“you spent the night didn’t you?”
“yes, I did”
“but, you’re? Not. Gerard? Forus?”
“False” Gerard said walking into the room.
“that wasn’t a true or false question” Crash interjected
“that wasn’t a question to begin with” I mumbled.
“I thought mortals weren’t allowed to spend the night Gerard.”
“well frank, first of all, my parents left, therefore I’m in charge, and secondly, she’ll only be mortal for the next four weeks.”
Frank’s and Crash’s eyes shot toward my neck.
“a noob” crash muttered.
Gerard wrapped his arms around my stomach and put his chin on my shoulder.
“um, Crash, Frank, are you going to get dressed? Because I know those aren’t your boxers crash.”
I didn’t think Gerard had the guts to say that, but apparently he did.
“Perhaps, we will, perhaps we’ll go take a shower, perhaps we’ll have sex again, who really knows.”
Frank nodded in agreement with Crash. Gerard shook his head and pulled me out of the kitchen.