Seem to Stop My Breath

I'm Glad You've Graced Me with your presence

I'm glad you've graced me with your presence
[size=200Mikey’s Point Of View

It was about a week before the depression kicked in. The whole turning into a vampire and feeling physically horrible caught up with her. I could see it was affecting Gerard. At every available moment he was always trying to cheer her up. Gerard even had a meeting will everyone at the house the other day.
“Cassie is not to be left alone. Someone should keep an eye at her at all times.”
He was incredibly worried about her, I don’t blame him. She would randomly wander the hallways, but never with a smile, unless she saw Gerard. He was worried she was going to kill herself. I was constantly telling him not to worry. There were nine people looking out for her everyday. Sometimes more, if someone else was over. Every morning Gerard walked into her room to check on her. He would be in there for a couple of minutes while she was still asleep, then leave. Then, fate stepped in. I was walking down the steps and saw Gerard, he mumbled a “good morning” then opened Cassie’s door. I headed down the last flight of stairs when the doorbell rang. I went to the door, seeing who it was. I didn’t recognize the person at the door but I still opened the door. It was a middle aged man, who stormed in the doorway.
“Where is she?”
I gave him a blank look.
“Who?”
“Cassie”
“I assume you’re her father? I’m Mikey.”
Thankfully, Gerard had just gotten out of Cassie’s room; he was down the steps in a matter of seconds.
“Cassie is upstairs”
“I need to see her”
“I would prefer if you didn’t, she’s still asleep.”
I backed away enough to get out of the line of fire just in case someone threw a punch.
“She’s my daughter, I have the right.”
“I don’t doubt that, but she’s asleep, and I don’t want you to wake her up. Cassie’s been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately.”
Cassie’s dad looked even angrier. He looked like he was going to murder Gerard.
“Fine, then we needs to talk.”
“Right now I can’t. What about. Thursday? For lunch?”
Gerard was trying to keep up a front, what that was, I have no idea. He stared at Cassie’s father with the same intensity that He was receiving.
“Fine, Thursday it is.”
We watched him spin around and storm out the door and to his car. As he drove away Gerard looked at me.
“I’m fucking screwed”