Seem to Stop My Breath

It's Everything You Always Wanted

It's Everything You Always Wanted
Chrissy’s Point Of View

The countdowns have begun. One month until the wedding, two months till the big ball, and Gerard was supposed to propose sometime soon. Or so the rumor was. I was stuck at the bookstore waiting for him to come in and start working. According to the rules there are to be two people working the store at all time. Taylor and Bob were in the back room, defiantly not working. Eventually Gerard walked through the door and I glared at him as he walked to the back room. I heard the door open, then muffled talking, and then Gerard reappeared a little paler than normal.

“Taylor”

“Don’t go back there”

“You could have told me”

“If you were here on time perhaps you wouldn’t be in this situation”

“Shut it”

“So when are you proposing?”

Gerard sighed.

“Well I can’t exactly do it right now can I?”

“Did you not promise your…”

Both of looked towards the door that had just opened. A customer had walked in.

“…we’ll finish this later”

“Aren’t you going to go ask him if he needs help?”

“No”

“Damn, I’ll be back.”

I watched Gerard go over to the guy, who had to been in his mid forties. He showed him
around the store as I straightened the obnoxiously large amount of bookmarks that sat on a rack near the counter and registers. Gerard checked the man out as I watched. As soon as the man left, I reeled on Gerard.

“You promised your parents’ didn’t you. That has to be why they said that you could change
her.”

“Yes”

“Why haven’t you? Have you gone shopping for a ring? Or are you having second thoughts?”

“Second thoughts? No, a ring? I’ve had one for awhile. Lack of opportune moments I guess.

“You’re pathetic”

“I know.”

“I have a question for you though.”

I looked at Gerard and raised an eyebrow.

“Shoot”

“Why are you still working here? Shouldn’t you be getting ready for the wedding?”

“I have a month. I won’t freak out until a week before”

“How’s Patrick?”

“That’s another story”