Seem to Stop My Breath

You're The Only Place That Feels Like Home

You're the Only Place That Feels Like Home
Mikey's Point Of View

Gerard left for the day, thank God. That took some of the weight off my shoulders, but not all of it. I have to do it today. There’s not a question if it’s how I truly feel. I love her. That’s all I can say. I see her and I’m instantly happier. Even If it’s just a quick glance before I leave for the day. I wish she lived here. No, she has to live with her family; she’s old enough to make her own decisions isn’t she? Well, in our world she’s practically royalty, but so am I! I’ll ask her tonight, her father said I could marry her. He’s actually really happy about it. We’ve know each other since we’ve been born. We went through the same thing when we turned 16; we went to the same parties together, in high school we hung around together. We didn’t date until two years ago. For some reason something finally clicked and I kissed her. It was an accident, but it still was a little weird. That one kiss turned into several, kisses. Which turned into her breaking up with her boyfriend, much to her brother’s delight? She is from one of those really old families; they live a couple of towns over. Neither of us had a job, so we saw each other a lot. Now, exactly two years later I sit on the couch in our front hall, looking at the ring box. I’m scared to do it, even though I know the answer will be yes. FUCK, Gerard’s home.

“Hey Mikey what’s that?”

“Nothing. Have you seen your mystery girl lately?”

“No, she hasn’t been to the store since her first time two weeks ago. Wait, is that a ring
box?”

Caught. That’s the only word for it. He caught me and now, I have to spill.

“Yes?”

“What do you mean ‘yes?’ it’s not one of those questions that is answerable with another
question.”

“Well, you see..”

“You’re proposing? When?”

“Tonight I hope.”

“Hope?, Mikey she fucking loves you! You’re rarely ever apart. Have you ever seen her face
when you come in the room? She melts, you can see it in her eyes.”

Good old Gerard, always there for a little advice.

“I know, I just.. Don’t know how I’m gonna do it.”

Gerard looked at me the weirdest he’s ever.

“Make it up along the way”

He left. Without saying another word. WHAT the hell is that supposed to mean?
Make it up? How?