Seem to Stop My Breath

It only gets harder the more that you know

It only gets harder the more that you know
Cassie’s point of view

I climbed the stairs to my apartment after a long day of work. It really wasn’t that long; it was merely the fact that Gerard and I were on occupying Patrick duty. He didn’t want to go home as much anymore, probably because he was still getting used to the fact of Chrissy being married. That boy needed a girl to occupy his free time. Joe Trohman is not a girl, neither are video games. After thrusting the key into the door, I was overwhelmed with warm stale air. I immediately opened every window in the living room as wide as I could. I had taken the screens out of the windows to wash them yesterday and never put them back. The result being an apartment without circulation. I flipped on a few lights and headed towards the fridge. I grabbed a bottle of water, and then switched off all the lights. I stood at one of the living room windows and stare at the open sky. I started to play with the engagement ring on my left hand. It seems to be a nervous habit. I turned to go to my bedroom and open those windows, leaving the living room ones wide open.

The bedroom was slightly cooler, but not by much. I opened the windows hoping to get some type of breeze going through the apartment. It was too cold to put the air conditioning on. However, the fan built into the air conditioning would work. I headed back down the hallway to the thermostat to turn on the fan. Just as I flipped the switch to turn on the fan a breeze blew my bedroom door closed. The hallway was completely dark. The door to the living room was also closed, which was odd. Before my eyes could fully adjust to the no light conditions I felt someone grab the pressure point on my shoulder. I couldn’t react fast enough. I started to collapse. As I faded to black I heard voices.
“Come on pick her up we gotta go”
“what do you mean go?”
“We have to bring her back. ALIVE”
“She’s worthless, she’s not of our blood, let’s just drink hers and be through with the whole matter”
“We’re to take prisoners now, kill later”