Seem to Stop My Breath

I’ve seen love die way too many times when it dese

I’ve seen love die way too many times when it deserves to be alive
Frank's Point Of View

We had spent the past three days searching the house. Gerard had came hold and told us the secret to getting Cassie back, physically unharmed, was some book. The problem was, none of us knew what it looked like. Gerard’s parents said they knew of it, but had not seen it in a long time. Their long time is several hundred years. Crash, Gerard and I were searching the library, a logical place for a book. However, the library is huge, this is our second day searching it, and we’re less than half way through. Everybody else is searching spare rooms, bookshelves and secret passages around the house. The problem is we don’t know the title of the book. Mr. and Mrs. Way said it is a green book, with a red leather binding. The book is so small though, it can easily be hidden in another book.
The sun was setting outside the full length windows in the library. Crash and I were working on the first level, painstakingly opening every book to make sure the little book wasn’t in it. Gerard was on a ladder, in the second story doing the same thing.
“Hey Frank?” Gerard screamed
“What?”
“Did you know that there is a book, no a series, entitled “Mortals and how to live with them”?”
“No?”
“Fuck”
Crash and I both looked up as Gerard accidentally dropped Mortals and how to live with them volume thirteen. The book crashed to the first floor with a loud thud. I watched in horror as I saw the spine come apart. Somehow, it didn’t rip through all the leather, so the two halves of the book were still connected.
“Did that just break?”
Gerard asked from the balcony.
“Yeah”
Gerard ran down the nearest staircase and went to pick up the now ruined book.
“Do you think your parents will be mad?”
“Nah, they have more important things to do” He sat down on the floor and sighed. He opened cover of the book to find a few pages written in old calligraphy.
“Hmm… That book looks older than your parents Gee.”
He flipped another few pages to find that the book was not a book. It was a hallowed out book. Crash had wandered over to us and gasped. In the hallowed out portion there were several small books with red bindings. We stared at the forest green one until Gerard picked it up and ran his hands over the cover. Taylor and Bob poked their heads into the library.
“Hey guys just wanted to tell you that dinner is ready.”
“O-O-Okay” Gerard stuttered, flipping through the book that we had found. It was about twenty pages long, and did not have a title. The cover was stiffened green leather. Crash wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her head in my chest. She was crying.
“I sure hope this is it. We all need her.”