Seem to Stop My Breath

Tell Me I'm an Angel

Tell me I’m an angel
Cassie's point of view

I sat curled up on the couch with a blanket wrapped around me. At least my guards had gotten tired of me doing pointless things to annoy them and had given me a book to read. Invisible Monsters sat on my lap, as I tried to get the energy to turn the pages. I’ve been exhausted ever since I arrived in my little prison, even though they’ve been feeding me. I forgot how long Gerard said that vampires can last without blood, because I didn’t feed for about two weeks prior to my abduction. I’ve been here about a week, so I don’t know how much longer I’ll live. The thing is no one knows I’m a vampire, and for some reason, I think them not knowing will keep me alive longer than them knowing. The scar on my arm that had appeared when I first got here was almost completely healed. In another couple of weeks it wouldn’t’ be a scar anymore. That would be a dead giveaway of vampirism if my guards saw it though. A fully nourished vampire’s wounds heal in a matter of seconds. I was new to this, and hadn’t had blood in along time, meaning that every part of me was running a little slow. I wrapped the blanket around me a little tighter and gazed out the small basement window. Two faces appeared and disappeared so fast that I thought I imagined them.
“Crash? Taylor?” I stared at the window.
One of my guards saw me mumble and walked over and looked at me, then the widow.
“What did you say?”
“Nothing” I rolled over. If that was Crash and Taylor, and as long as they didn’t get caught, I had a chance. As long as they hurried.