Seem to Stop My Breath

So now you’re waiting up ahead

So now you’re waiting up ahead
Taylor’s point of view

Crash and I rushed back to the House, in the pouring rain, in order to tell them we had found Cassie. Soaked to the bone we threw open the front door and saw everyone sitting in the entrance hall. They stared at us as we caught our breath and Mikey closed the door behind us. Frank and Bob were sitting on one of the couches. Gerard was pacing near the staircase and staring at us apprehensively. Tes was curled up in a corner with Ana; both of them appeared to be crying. I absorbed the scene before us.
“We found her”
The room went silent.
“They have her in an old house down by the river; I think they have her chained to the wall.”
“She doesn’t look that good, I’m pretty sure they don’t know she’s a vampire, so they haven’t given her any blood.” I said looking directly at Gerard.
“She saw us.”
Gerard walked up to Crash and was face to face with her.
“She saw you?” His voice cracked a little.
“Yes, her eyes got a little wider and she sat up, we ran at that point, knowing if she saw us, someone else probably would.”
Gerard collapsed onto a free couch.
“We need to get her as soon as possible.”
Frank leaned forward and buried his face in his hands.
“Gerard, we have to do this logically, we can’t just barge in, pick her up and get out.” Bob said in his most sympathetic voice possible.
“Why exactly not?”
“If we do that you’re just as likely to get killed in the process.” Mikey murmured with a solemn tone to his voice.

Several hours later, we had floor plans to the building spread out across the various tables in the library. With them there were diagrams of the neighborhood that Cassie was being kept in; just in case we were followed once we had rescued her. All of us were slowly memorizing the area while we got ready to go in and rescue Cassie. Mikey had just gone to call Bert and Amy who were the closest doctors that could get us a large amount of fresh blood for Cassie. Ray interrupted the silence.
“Where’s Gerard?”
I looked up just as everyone else did. The eight of us simultaneously ran towards the front door and Frank threw it open. Gerard’s car was not in the driveway, nor was it in the garage. Mikey tried his cell phone, no answer.
“Shit” mumbled Tes.
“He went after her didn’t he?” Ana asked
“Seems like it.” Mikey replied “be ready to leave within a half hour, we have to go after them both now.”