Seem to Stop My Breath

Somewhere Between Happy, and Total ***ing Wreck

Somewhere Between Happy, and Total Fucking Wreck
Mikey's Point Of View

I hugged Gerard tightly as Amy closed the door. There was nothing any of us could really do, we had to sit tight and wait it out. He was sopping wet. The time he spent getting muddy and wet outside the house was really showing now. Granted if he hadn’t of gone off without us, she would in fact be dead already. I don’t know if anyone of us could take her dying now though. Not after we’d spent the last week trying to find her together. Due to Gerard’s erratic breathing I realized he was quietly crying. I glanced around the hallway almost everyone else was crying or looked close to it.

“Gerard, I know you don’t want to leave her, but you should probably change out of your clothes” Ana whispered.

He pulled away from me, his eyes red from crying and silently nodded. He turned away from me and trudged down the hallway and up a hidden staircase to his room. I sighed and leaned against the wall. Everyone else sat on the floor to wait it out. Gerard nervously paced outside the door for awhile before sitting down next to me. Ray then stood up and continued where Gerard went off. Crash, Frank and Taylor also took turns pacing before I looked down at my watch. It had been three hours since Gerard had gotten kicked out of the room. I sighed again, Gerard coughing was the only thing that broke the silence in the corridor. A half an hour later my parents appeared in the hallway. Gerard had his eyes closed and his head leaning against the wall but I knew he was awake. I stood up and brought my parents into an empty bedroom.

“What’s going on?” dad asked.

“Did you find Cassie?”
“We did, but, Gerard almost didn’t make it in time. They bit her.” with the last part my voice cracked.

“Was she alive when they brought here?” dad asked.

“She was breathing, very shallow, but still breathing.”

“Was she conscious?” dad said putting his arm around mom.

“No”

“When was the last time she had a decent amount of blood?” mom asked

“Well, they didn’t know she was a vampire, so no one gave her any there, and at least a
week before that. I’m not positive though, it might be more.”

Mom’s shoulders fell and she sighed. We all knew Gerard needed her, but for mom, it was the girl that her oldest son was going to marry. She liked Cassie. Not that any of us hated her. But mom really liked her.

“Bert right?” she mumbled

“Bert and Amy.”

“If anyone is going to be able to help her it’s those two. Keep us updated. I’ll send one of the people hanging around the kitchen up with food.

I nodded before leaving the room and sitting back down on the floor. Ana was pacing now. Mom and dad walked down the hallway and down the main staircase. We had a chef on hire because we practically ran a vampire hotel. Within a half an hour, a young vampire couple appeared in the hallway with some drinks and small finger foods. My parents reappeared, this time with a bench for them to sit on.

“Fuck” muffled through the door and everyone opened their eyes and stared at it. Gerard gulped water nervously, his eyes still red.

We all listened for some sign of movement, anything, that would mean the worst happened. The next half an hour ticked by with us practically falling asleep. Finally the door opened and
Amy stuck her head out.

“Gee?”