Seem to Stop My Breath

I Feel Like There's Nothing Left To Do

I Feel Like There's Nothing Left To Do
Gerard's Point Of View

Work, again, I don’t know why I go. I have the money to stay at home all day. I just don’t like being home all the time with all the happy couples. It gets depressing after awhile. I walked into the store to relieve a tired looking Andy.

“hey G’

“Hey, anyone been in today?”

“You mean your mystery girl you’ve been asking about for the past six months? No.”

“Damn!”

“I doubt she’s coming back, you might want to move on there buddy.”

“Yeah I guess. Where’s Pete?”

“When I left this morning, still hung over from the Wedding.”

Andy left, his shift was over, and Pete was supposed to be there anyways. Pete
was only ten minutes late. He looked exhausted, but was still functioning. Two hours into their shift we were bored out of our minds, as usual. Pete went into the backroom to find something for us to do. Then, she came back. I heard the door open and I looked up. It was the same girl that had came in six months earlier. I watched her walk over to the blank book section and pick out a lined journal. She looked more depressed than when she was in here the last time. I could never forget that face, no matter how long I live. She looked over to the counter where I was staring at her. She smiled, was it because of me? I immediately tried to look busy and non stalker-ish. I think she giggled, I wasn’t looking at her but I think I heard it. As soon as she got up to the counter Pete returned from the backroom with a picture of us at Mikey’s and Ana’s wedding. It was a picture of Mikey holding Ana, bridal style, with her long black hair draped down the back of her white dress. Ana and Mikey were nose to nose, I was on Mikey’s right side and Pete was on his left.

“You look kinda hott in that pic G” Pete remarked.

“Uh, Thanks?”

Thanks Pete for saying that in front of the girl that I had wanted to see for the past six months. The girl laughed. Was she laughing with Pete, or at me?

“He’s my brother in law”

“Oh, um then is that your sister?”

“No, that’s his sister, Ana, that’s my brother Mikey. By the way, I’m Gerard.”

“Oh hi, I’m Cassie.”

“Hi”
Awkward silence. I hate awkward silences, they’re so… awkward.

“So, um, did you need anymore help? Or did you find everything you needed?”

“I think I’m ready to check out.”

She had the brightest green eyes I’ve ever seen in my entire life. What am I talking about she still has those eyes. That’s it, if I don’t say something to her now I’ll probably never see her again.

“Okay, um, so, what are you doing tonight?”

Pete snickered into his coffee. I shot him an evil look.

“Tonight? Well I have to work really late, I’m closing in fact. But I’m free next week.”

“Really? That‘d be great! Um… Here‘s my number”

I scribbled my cell number on the back of her receipt. I handed her the receipt
and her change.

“Thanks”

“Thanks for your number”

She started to walk away I screamed

“Call me!”

She turned around and looked and me. She did this little smile, smirk giggle
thing. I watched her leave the store, she was perfect. Honestly I didn’t believe in true love. I thought it was a joke. Twenty six years on this earth and nothing compares to this euphoria.

“Wow, I didn’t think you had it in you.”

“Shut up Pete.”

“By my question is; will she call you back?”

“Bastard”

“I heart you?”

“Go heart yourself”