Seem to Stop My Breath

Every Hour, On The Hour, They Drew Blood

There is no greater thrill than that of a hunt. I extended my fangs and forced them into the old man’s neck. His warm blood spilled out and down my throat. As I finished with him I decided it was time to go home. I had left the bookstore about two hours previous. It had taken a long time to find a victim. Not many people travel alone in the middle of winter. Not to mention outside. But I’d be okay for awhile. At least a couple of weeks before I had to find someone else to feed off of.
SNAP
A twig? Where the hell am I that I actually heard a twig snap? I need to get out of here. Fire Escape. In an alley there are two directions, level ground, or up. Up gives you a unique vantage point. Up means that you can see your pursuer and they can’t necessarily see you. I made it up to the second level of the fire escape and just in time to see Kyle turn the corner. He was one of those vampires who thought that we should “interbreed” meaning we couldn’t make other people vampires. Where’s the fun in that? And rumor has it he helped form a little gang where they purposely go after humans that have connections to Vampires. If Cassie and I ever… they’d go after her. In fact, I think Crash and Tes were on their list to exterminate. Crash could of fought them off, actually, Crash looked like a vampire before she was one. Frank would of probably killed Kyle if he would of laid a finger on Crash. He would still do it actually, even though Crash has been a vampire for at least a year now. Tessa would be the one that we’d all worry about , but even when they were dating she rarely left Ray’s side. Now, they lived at the house so there is no need to worry about her. Actually I don’t see them that often. Frank once made the comment of “they’re fucking like rabbits” unfortunately Ray was right behind him at the time. If Kyle is here, then his group of followers must be near by. Patrick told me that he tipped off a Slayer that Kyle and his friends were vampires. Hopefully someone will hunt him down. He didn’t see me, thank god. After he checked out the body I left he headed toward the downtown area. Just as I was about to climb down and head home, I saw Levi the slayer. Who the hell names their kid Levi? Well, maybe it not his real name, but still how do you get a name like Levi? He’s picking something up. Yes, it’s one of Kyle’s old cufflinks. He has a weird habit of leaving cufflinks at his kills. Normally vampires hide kills. He leaves cufflinks, no one even uses cufflinks, they use buttons. Kyle is really stupid. By leaving that cufflink he attributed the kill to himself. Leaving me free to leave the body. The Slayer will take care of it.