Kidnapped My Heart

1

I walked down the streets. I'm quite late, and therefore taking a shortcut home. An alleyway behind my Mom's house was seperated from our yard by only a fence, to keep my three dogs in the yard when I let them out to run. The only thing I'm worried about is my Mom seeing me scale the fence, but I'm not even there yet, I still have a block or so until I can even see the fence. I heard a loud clanking noise behind me, I couldn't tell how far behind, but I knew that peaple don't come here, unless they're taking a shortcut, even then, it's not that common. The main reason for that is that these alleyways are a prime hangout for gangs. I guess I had forgotten about that when i chose this route home. I mentally kicked myself. How could i be so stupid? I'm no genius, but I at least have some common sense. Usually.

There were more clanking noises. I spun around, hoping i looked confident, and not as afraid as I felt.

"who's there?" i tried to spit out, but, my voice was high-pitched. I heard another clanking noise as the raccoon digging in the garbage ran away. Other than that, nothing was out of the ordinary. I took the liberty of having noone around to slap my forehead, both physically and mentally. I saw my watch.

"Crap! its 10:00 pm! I'm an hour late!" I yelled, running now. I instantly forgot my worries about my Mom seeing me hop the fence, and scaled it easy. It was the chain-link type, so my small feet fit into the holes easy. I grabbed the tree branch that looked almost a-half-meter in diameter. Not that I really cared at the moment, I just needed something to hold on to while I pulled myself over. Until I heard my Mom yell at me.

"Kia Leigh Yori! Get over here right now!" she yelled.

"Sorry Mom!" I yelled back. I glanced over at her on the deck. I looked a lot like my Mom. except for the hair. My Mom loved to change her hair every three months or so. Give or take a few weeks. She had an entire bathroom cupboard devoted to hair dyes and things. Most peaple would find that annoying, but I found it awesome. Just like most peaple are normal, but I'm different. In a lot of ways, for one, most peaple like to be outside with friends, the peaple kind of friends. Me? I like to be inside, on the computer in the dark.

"Sorry doesn't get rid of the fact that i was worried about you for around an hour now, to top it off, i come out here and find you climbing over the fence. Why were you even taking this route home? You know gangs like to come around there at night!" she rambled.

"I'm sorry! I only took that way so i wouldn't be as late as I would've been if I had gone around." I apologized repeatedly.

"We moved here a year ago." She stated.

"So?"

"We don't want the neighbours to think you've become a gang member!" She complained.

"Mom. Cool it. I'm not a gang member. I'm not stupid enough to do that. Not at my age." I reassured her. "Trust me Mom."

"Fine." She gave in, but i knew there were hidden terms. "But you're grounded for climbing the fence and being out too late."

I Should've known.

That night.

"Kia! Wake up! Someone crashed their motorcylcle! Get up! we need to get out of here!" I vaguely heard my mom say.

"Alright." I said. I was actually pretending to be asleep when she came bursting in. Even if it was at 4AM. I had been emailing my friend on my psp. I went to unplug it so i could bring it with me. I put the lanyard around my neck and reached for the plug, I had put my hand on it then my Mom pulled my arm, telling me to hurry up.The gas tanks were right below my room, and could easily blow up the whole house, I guess the reason i unplugged the PSP was because I was tired, and I forgot the consequences. Thats why i was responsible my mother's death. I hurridly unplugged the PSP. My eyes widened as I saw the spark. Then the explosion. If I were to survive this I knew that the one thing I would remember. That would be the intense pain. I was flung forward. I don't get why it's forward, but maybe it wasn't me responsible, sure, any heat or electrcity and propane causes explosions, but with the motorcycle, it might not have been my fault. after all. Not like it would matter in the end, I knew then that I would forever blame myself for everything that happened to my mom that night.

" Mom! Mom! Where are you?" I yelled out as I was thrown somewhere. i felt the grass beneath my face, so I guess it was the lawn. I heard peaple all around, some yelling, some crying, some whispering. I tried to get up, to look for my mom, but I couldn't feel anything but the pain. I saw feet coming towards me, and brought my burnt and bleeding hands next to my face and pushed my upper half up. I looked up at the face of a grubby old guy who was wearing all black.

"I'm sorry. About hitting your gas tanks." He said. If he was so sorry now, why didn't he try to stop his fricken' bike? I wanted to yell at him, to see if I hit him repeatedly and find out if he hurt as much as I did. If I could move better I probably would.

"Wheres my Mom?" I asked. The gang member didn't say anything, merely pointed to a body covered in blood, much like my own. I tried the best i could to pull myself over. The man who had spoken to me earlier asked me if I needed a hand, I ignored him and tried to get over, I tried. but the paramedics came and told me to stay still. I argued for them to let me see my mother, but none of them would give in. they took me into the ambulance and stuck me with a needle. My eyes soon closed, becoming too heavy to stay open.

Later

I opened my eyes to find a bleak room. It was plain. I couldn't stand it. It was the kind that made me want to take a bunch of sharpie markers and scribble all over, just to make myself feel better.

"are you feeling better?" a heard a kindly voice asked.

"huh?" I asked, my voice raspy.

"How are you feeling?" she repeated. she made me feel like stabbing her with the sharpies.

"Fine." I lied.

"That's good. You have a visitor!" she smiled. Megan walked in.

"Akii!" I yelled out, not caring about the woman in the next bed telling me to shut up.

"Kia! I was so worried, you seriously scared me shitless!" She cried as she hugged me. "but the nurse said you could probably get out of this without any permanent damage, except for your legs. they're scarred for life."

"Just like my eyes." I joked and was serious in the same sentence. "How long am I in here for?"

"at least three weeks." She told me.

"AW CRAP!" i said.

three weeks later.

"finally! I'm out!" I yelled outside the hospital.

"Wow, that was even long for me!" Akii said. "And you know exactly how patient I am!"

"Seriously? You kidder. We ALL know just how patient you are!" I said sarcastically, as my knees buckled underneath me.

"You ok?"

"I'm fine, your legs would do that to if you were walking around for the first time in several weeks." I said.

"Or if my best friend colored all over the walls of the hospital with sharpie marker!"

"Come ON! It was SO dreary in there, its depressing, I had to take the oppertunity to scribble on the walls.."

"Like a friggen' two year old!" we said at the same time.