Kidnapped My Heart

M'n'M?

"I'm sorry, we can't take you."

I was frustrated. No one could keep me.

My name is Kia Leigh Yori. And I am the one responsible for my mother's death. I'm 17, I used to live with my mom, but she was killed 4 weeks ago. I've been out of the hospital for one week, my legs forever scarred by the explosion. For a week I've been staying with my best friend, Akii, but her folks can't keep me. I have to find somewhere else fast, otherwise its a foster home for me.

I'd been scouring my friend's houses, but I didn't want to be a burden.

A yell sounded from an alleyway I was passing, I wasn't quite sure but It was directly addressing me. A gun was pointed at my head, and I wasn't sure what to do.

"Hey beautiful. Listen and you won't get hurt." Someone said calmly. I wasn't sure of the exact details of his face, but I knew he had goggles, hair almost the exact shade of my dyed auburn and was smoking a gross-smelling cancer stick.

"What?" I stuttered. It was obvious, but the gun scattered my brains just a little.

"Work with me beautiful," He said quietly "And you have nothing to worry about."

"Jeez, What's taking so long? Matt? Why are you stalling?" a voice asked over a walkie - talkie in 'Matt' 's other hand.

"Relax Mel, Be there in a bit, ran into some trouble." He spoke into the talkie, keeping his eyes on me. "Now, " He began, whispering in my ear, almost holding me as if we were hugging. If only the gun wasn't in contact with my head right above my ear, I might not have minded. "Just stand still and look scared, the gun isn't loaded. These are just a couple guys I ran into, they're nothing, don't worry, beautiful."

"Now? Seriously, you can't make us believe your really mafia if all you do is point a gun at a girl." one of the more heavyset guys said.

"'Course not, I wasn't done yet." 'Matt' turned to me, with a hard voice he spoke "Get in the car." I was horrified. There were so many things that he could do to me if I got in that car. I shook my head. "Listen beautiful, I don't want your brains on the side of my car, and I'm pretty sure you don't either. So get in." I had no choice. Stupid jerk wasn't giving me any. I got in and he shut the door, walked into the other side, then put the key in and drove off. We drove in silence and after we turned a couple corners he lowered the gun. "Okay beautiful, where do you live?"

"As if I'm telling you."

"You should. If you don't I'll bring you back to my-- Hey!" I didn't listen, I had opened the car door and jumped out. I heard a sickly crack from something and my leg gave out. By the time sat I up Matt had stopped the car and was next to me, offering me his hand. I glared at him, Stupid-Mafia-Jack-Who-Made-Me-Break-My-Ankle. "Now you really need to get in the car." He noticed my glare, "OK, before you say anything, that was not my fault" There was a small silence before the walkie-talkie shouted at Matt again.

"Matt! You said it wasn't going to take long, get back here!"

"I can't Mel, the trouble became a little more complicated, give me a hand? I'm on Cake st."

"Fine. I'll be there in a sec." The radio shorted out.

"Who was that?" I butted in before he could say anything.

"A friend. Nothing you need to worry about beautiful."

"I don't need to worry because he's in the mafia too? Well isn't that the most comforting fact ever!"

"Just shush. There's no reason you need to worry, what's your deal with the mafia anyway?"

"'Just shush' yourself! I have my own reasons!"

"You're just going to keep making this pointless aren't you?" I nodded and he sighed. "Don't make me force you to keep quiet."

"How would you do that huh?"

"Just shut up and suck on this for a sec." He parted my lips with his hands and stuck his cigarette in. "Don't drop it." he told me and started walking away. I took it out of my mouth, spat on the ground beside me.

"W-Wait! Where are you going? Don't leave me!" I reached out and tried to reach for him but he was out of reach. He looked back and grinned. I could feel my face falling as he waved a bit, walking towards a blond girl in all leather. He greeted her, I couldn't tell what they were saying. After a bit they came back to me.

"This is Mello, Mello this is. . . Beautiful." Matt said.

"You don't know her name?" Mello said. She had a really manly voice, and it took me a minute to realize.

"Your a man??" I yelled in surprise.

"Shut up!" Mello yelled. "What? Did you think I was a woman? Jeez maybe your little 'trip' broke your brain!"

"You shut up!" I yelled back. "Do you know how much attention your putting on yourself?"

"Make me! You're yelling to!"

"But you're yelling louder!"

"Am not! So just shut up!"

"Are too! So you shut up! seriously is that the only Dis you know?"

"I bet it's the only Dis you know but I know a hundred more!" Mello kept yelling at me, and I him. Matt was the one who managed to silence us.

"Hey, You guys, the cops are coming."

"I'm out." I said, obviously ignoring Mello. Who names their kid 'Mello', anyway?

"Hey, wait a sec. You can't walk." Matt stated as I toppled down.

"You had to wait to say it?" I mumbled. These mafia guys were pissing me off, Big-Time.

"Actually, yea, I kinda forgot." I glared at him. "C'mon Mel, help me get her in the car."

"You're really going to put that thing in your car?" Nonetheless, Mello came to help me.

"You know I could say the same thing about you." I hissed.

"Shut up." Was all Mello said. Mello and Matt somehow managed to get all 103 pounds of me in the backseat of the car.

"Shut me up." I said

"What?" He asked, a little taken aback.

"Your in the mafia, aren't you going to be all 'She knows too much! Let's shut her up!'" I accused.

"What are you smoking?" Matt asked, deadpanning.

"I'm serious! That's what happened to my mom! Just 4 weeks ago." I yelled. "Anyway, it's your fault! You gave me the stupid smoke!"

"No, seriously. What are you on?" Mello asked.

"Not funny. I'm perfectly sober." I huffed.

"You don't look it." Mello stated. "And for your information, that's not the type of thing we do." Matt said while he and Mello got in the front seats.

"What? So your just errand-boys for the head of you stupid little gang? Is that it?" I spat out. Mello turned to look at me with a furious face.

"I am the head of the gang." Mello turned back to the front and I was frantic trying to open the door. It wouldn't budge. I heard a small 'click' signifying Matt had locked the doors. I clawed at the locks, but they were set deep into the door, the kind of child-proof lock that hide so you can only open them automatically.

"Awe crap, Mello, can you keep her from escaping? Again." Matt said as we stopped at a light.

"I'd hardly call her first attempt an escape." Mello stated as he climbed in the back. He took advantage of the seat belt on my left and reached for it, his face extremely close to mine.

"I can do it myself. My arms are fine." I grumbled.

"Listen, I'm not taking that chance. I couldn't care less if you stumbled out on the highway and got hit by a transport, I'm only doing this because Matt asked. If it wasn't him who pointed that gun at your head you'd have a bullet in your ear by now."

"I'm moving." was all the warning Matt gave as the car jerked forward, Mello was thrown against me almost in a hug. For no reason I did, I wrapped my arms around Mello.

"What the...? Hey, get off me!" Mello yelled.

"No." I said simply.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Can both of you please shut up while I'm driving?" Matt said at another stop light.

"She started it." Me and Mello said at the same time.

"I told you, I'm a man!" Mello yelled at me. I stuck my tongue out at him, Which was kind of pointless because I was still hugging him. "I give up. What's your name anyway? I refuse to refer to you as beautiful."

"Not far off the mark, you know Mel." Matt said.

"Thanks, Handsome."

"No problem, beautiful. So what's Mel?"

"No clue." But I had a grin on my face. I started laughing slightly.

"I'm not sure I'm happy about the way she's laughing."

"Don't worry. Flamer." I told Mello.

"I knew it was something bad." Mello said.

"She's not far off the mark either." Matt said. By now I was quite tired, and I couldn't resist but to close my eyes

'Just for a minute.' I thought.

"I'm surprised she's not laughing." Matt said.

"Because she's out cold."

"How do you know?" Matt asked.

"She's still hugging me Dumb Ass!" Mello said loudly.