Always Searching

Make-Up Smeared Eyes

The car ride was silent and waiting for my dad to get home seemed like forever.

My mom and me sat on the couch. She was crying and I was just staring at the floor that seemed more important than my life.

"I'm home!!!" My dad's voice rang through the quiet house. "Whats wrong?" He asked sitting next to my mom trying to comfort her. "Sweetie?"

My mom tried to claim down but it wasn't working. "Bella has...Bella has.." My dad looked up at me. "Bella has"

"Cancer." I told him.

I saw his eyes bulged out as he ran over to me engulfing me in a tight hug. "Is it?"

My mom nodded and came over and wrapped me in her arms. With that all I did was cry into my dad's chest causing his nice dress shirt to be drenched in tears and make-up.

We stayed like that for a long time.

"I'm going to go upstairs." I said as I slowly made my way up the stairs.

I laid on my bed and stared at my phone. I wanted to call them, I was really tempted. I picked up my phone and was about to press send when it started to ring.

Mandy.

"Hello?"

"How could you!" she yelled through.

"Mandy."

"I'm mean kiss Jason of all people." she rambled.

"Mandy."

"You and Joe are perfect how could you ruin that."

"Mandy." I yelled.

She stopped talking probably a little taken back.

"Mandy?" I asked wondering if she was still there.

"Yeah." she snapped.

"I'm sick."

"I'd be sick to if I broke Joe's-"

"No" I cut her off. "I mean.." I paused.

"You mean?" she sounded irritated.

"I have...." I took a deep breath. "I have cancer."

And thats when I heard the dial tone.

"Mandy?" I asked and looked at my phone screen.

Call ended.

I sighed and closed my phone up as my door opened and my parents walked in.

"Hey sweetie." My dad said as my mom placed some soup down on my bed.

"I have cancer not the flu." I spat looking at the bowl.

"Don't talk to your mother that way." My dad ordered.

I nodded. "Sorry." I mumbled.

"Sweetie." My mom spoke."Your dad and I think that the Cancer treatment hospital out in California would be the best option."

"So I'm going to be living in a hospital?"

My mom shook her head. "Aunt Kathy and Uncle Sam are letting us stay with them."

I nodded. "Plus you can visit with Mason, Mitchell, and Marc."

I nodded again.

The Musso brothers aka my cousins. Mason is in some band called Metro Station. Mitchell is on that awesomely annoying showHannah Montana and Marc played Larry in The Last Mimzy. Yep my Hollywood family...cant wait.

"When do we leave?" I asked at the same time the doorbell rung.

"I'll get that" my dad said and left my room.

"We leave next week. I'm sorry but you cant go with the Jonas anymore." My mom told me.

"I wasn't planing on it anymore." She nodded and gave me a hug. "Hey mom."

"Yes sweetheart."

"Don't tell them why were moving, please."

"Bella I have to."

"Please mom. I don't want fake pity from them."

"Okay, I understand." she said as she hugged me and went towards my door.

She opened it and was about to leave when someone stood in front of her.

"Oh hello Mandy."

"Hi Mrs. Parker." she said as she watched my mom leave before entering and closing my door.

She turned around and looked at me. She ran into me in a hug. "Are you sure?"

I nodded and hugged her back. "Yep."

"I'm so sorry, I yelled at you. Did you tell them. Of course you did. What did Joe say?" she rambling on as she pulled away from me.

I shook my head. " I didn't."

"What do you mean, you didn't?" she asked looking at me.

"I didn't tell them. I don't want them to know."

"Why not?"

"Because they made it clear, I wasn't that important to them and I don't want fake pity."

"Oh" she said and looked down at her hands. "You know they asked me to go on tour with them."

I looked at her."It's fine."

"Are you sure? I mean I can stay here with you."

I shook my head."Thats okay." She looked at me before she nodded. "Were moving to California."

"Wait why?"

"Better Doctors out there." I said and shrugged.

"Oh." she said and looked like she was lost in thought.

"What you thinking?" I asked lying down on my bed.

She followed me but laid on her stomach as I laid on my back staring up at the ceiling. She was poking my mattress.

"They play in California and I want to see you."

I nodded. "I think I can do that."

"Promise?" she asked.

I looked at her and smiled. "I promise."

"Okay. I'll call you when we are near you and have Paul get you a ticket."

I nodded."Thank you. And please don't tell them"

"I'll try not to. But if they bad mouth you I'll slap them."

I laughed. "Thanks Mandy. Your the best."
♠ ♠ ♠
cOMMENT pLEASE

♪To make it better
I'll hide my make up smeared eyes
To show that I'm fine ♫