Did Superman just crash through my window? Oh no its just a Vampire.

Color Coded

I woke up on the soft velvet pillows to find that Hayden wasnt next to me. Well, vampires didnt require sleep, maybe he had just been humoring me. I sighed and decided to take a shower.

I was in the bathroom, getting ready to take a shower. I took off my shirt, then my pants, leaving me in my underwear. Suddenly I swear Hayden appear behind me in the mirror, causing me to scream and cover myself as best I could with my arms.

"Oh, um..sorry" he mumbled, more annoyed then embarassed by seeing me half naked.

"What the hell!" I screamed.

"C'mon, Fae, its not like I have never seen a naked woman before, and you're not even naked...and barely a woman" he muttered, throwing me my robe.

"What do you want?" I asked, putting the robe on.

"I just wanted to make sure you were awake" he said, hands in pockets.

I glared at him, not speaking.

He sighed, his eyes turning green. I had already figured out that meant he was annoyed. I had written a list in my journal. I was sure his eyes could turn more colors.

Green-annoyed
Blue-?normal?
Red-angry
Black-?angrier?

Yeah, I still had to make it accurate...maybe I should try asking him? Or would he not answer as usual? Then, I looked over at Hayden. He was still standing there, glaring, eyes still burning emerald green.

"What?" I snapped.

"You see yourself all wrong" he retorted, so quietly I almost didnt hear him.

"What?" I repeated, inquisitive this time.

"Last night, you looked gorgeous, and everyone knew it, besides you" he said.

I was about to respond, but before I could, he had disappeared.

After I took a shower, I decided to make myself some cereal.

As I was sitting at the kitchen counter, eating my cereal quietly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me jump up and let out a small shriek.

I heard a soft chuckle from behind me,"There's the Fae I know" It was Hayden.

"Vaguely" I muttered.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" he asked, sitting down next to me.

"We've only known each other for a couple days, really, I mean that whole week I was asleep doesnt really count, we're almost strangers to each other" I mumbled.

"Almost, I do know some things about you" he said, resting his elbows on the table.

"Like what?" I snapped.

"Your name is Fae Jeffreys, you are 15, you have a brother named Nick, 3 friends named Lacey, Casey, and Sam, Lacey and Casey being twins, you are very easy to scare..and you taste luscious" he whispered the last part.

It took me a few seconds to realize that our faces were only about an inch apart. I moved away shyly, blushing.

"There's no need to be scared of me" he purred, moving closer once more.

"Yeah right" I laughed.

Hayden couldnt help but laugh along with me. At that moment, I didnt feel as if he was keeping me hostage, I felt as if we were actually...friends.

"Hayden?" I said, after we stopped laughing.

"Yeah?"

"Um..I was just wondering...you know your eyes change colors to match your emotions right?" Isaid, looking up at him, questioningly.

He nodded in agreement, slowly, not sure of were I was going with this.

I watched his eyes closely, to make sure I wasnt aggrevating him, bu they were still that perfect shade of icy blue.

"I was wondering if you could tell what each color means" I said, quickly, but he understood me.

I stared at him, tentatively, waiting for his reaction, but he only laughed.

"So thats what you're getting at" he said, grinning.

I nodded.

"Do you what to get pen and paper so you can write this down?" he asked, jokingly.

"Actually..I've already written down a few guesses" I mumbled, blushing, making him laugh.

"Let me see"

I got up and fetched my notebook from upstairs and brought back to the kitchen, sitting down next to him.

He read down the page, slightly amused.

"You almost got them right"

"Tell me" I said, eagerly.

"Okay, well..." he took the pen from me and put a neat check next to green.

"So thats right?" I asked.

He nodded, that amused grin never leaving his face. He went down to blue.

"Thats right" Hayden said, scratching out the question marks. He also checked red, but skipped black.

"There's also purple.." he said, writing purple in his neat script.

"What about black?" I asked, suddenly.

"What?" he asked.

"Black" I repeated, and his whole body seemed to stiffen.

"Later, Fae" he said, exasperated.

"You owe me another explanation" I said.

"That I do" he sighed.

"I think I should write those down too" I said, making him crack a smirk.

The list ended up looking like this:

Green:annoyed
Blue:normal/happy
Red:angry
Black:?angrier?
Purple:lustful(i think he meant turned on)
Yellow:sad/anxious
Orange:hungry