House of Horrors

It's A Hush Sound

He inhaled deeply, shuddering at the effort it took him to exhale. His body ached and groaned in protest as he tried to sit up, failing miserably. The floor was cold, hard stone beneath him and by the pain in his spine, he guessed he had been lying there for an hour at least. With difficulty, he opened his swollen eyes, a blank ceiling staring back at him, cobwebs caught in corners grim. A cough spluttered upwards and out of his chest, the coppery taste of blood blotting his lips. Turning his face, he let the sickening liquid dribble out of his mouth and moaned, the sound wretched, mournful. There was something wrong. He just knew it.

He whimpered though his raw throat and curled into the foetal position, shielding his sore innards from the invisible force torturing him. A shuffle in the dark caused his eyes to flash open but though his swollen eyelids it was impossible to see anything well.

“Hello?” he whispered. “Is anyone there?”

“Joseph? Is that you?” a pained voice croaked in the darkness.

“Joe? Faris?” called a second.

Squinting hard, he could just about see four moulds in the darkness, one of which he assumed was sitting upright. Joe shivered in fear. What was going on?

Suddenly, the room was filled with harsh bright light that slashed at his delicate pupils. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes again and choked at the sight. The last thing he could remember was walking back to his place and someone walking up behind him. He recalled being tapped on the shoulder but when he turned around, it all went black. But now, he was certainly not on his way home.

Before him sat his four friends; Faris, Joshua, Tom and Rhys, but they had been dragged into this large room, their five, presumably unconscious, bodies hauled into a star shape in the centre of the room, each wearing at least a shirt and trousers. But it was much worse. They were in a large room with white, tiled walls and one door. But the four walls were all covered in blood.It was smeared all over in various patterns and degrees, the room was tinted with the coppery stench. Tom got up and his hands and knees and hurled, throwing up twice, the rest of them too stunned to move from the growing puddle of sick.

Joshua lifted a long pale finger and beckoned to the wall behind Joe. The one he couldn’t see. Twisting round, he felt his heart clench in his chest. On the wall, drawn in blood by someone’s quivering hand, was a cross, ominous and dark, below it, the words: MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON DAMNED SOULS.

Joe turned his back to it, blood pulsing loudly in his ears. With tears streaming down his face, Rhys looked up at his and whispered words that sent a chill though them all.

“We’re gonna die here, aren’t we?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So there it is. Chapter one. I'm not gonna demand anything from you guy. Whether you like it or not, I'll keep on writing lol.

Hmmm.... so who do you think will die first?