Assassin's Last Stand

Assasins Last Stand

Sitting alone in a dark corner of the dirty room a girl sat, looking out at the window at the full moon in the sky thinking about what she had to do that night. The thought of her job repulsed her but it was a living, the one thing she was good at, killing people.
As a lone cloud drifted over the moon I thought about what life would be like if I were normal. Instead of this horrible job, I would work in a store and hang out with friends. All of my friends long ago deserted me when they found out about her job. They were all too scared of her. I wouldn’t be living in an old abandoned house with only a suitcase of clothes and a few toiletries; I would live a townhouse with my family laughing and having the occasional fight with my brother, but no instead my parents and brother were killed and the rest of my family hated her. I looked back 5 years to when my family died and I was kicked out on to the streets, a man found me and used me as a punch bag for when he got drunk. Then one day when he took me to a grimy, back ally pub to show to his friends, I saw a knife on the ground and she picked it up and in one swing, threw it at his head and killed him. When this happened a man saw and hired me straight away. I’ve hated her from then on, hated being what she is an assassin, a slayer.

I looked at the case in front of myself, it held all the information on her latest target, a young man of about 18, my age, and thought about him. He didn’t seem a treat, he was a skinny thing with hardly any muscle, yet he had gotten away from all of the people sent after him. Why is he special? What could anyone possibly have against him? He’s an honor student with a degree and he was nice to everyone. I didn’t understand it, but that wasn’t her job, her job was to kill him no questions asked.
I put the info down and went over to the suitcase and pulled out another briefcase, this one was bigger, inside it were hand guns, blades, Chinese throwing stars, some blade-edged fans and some more weapons, all carefully placed in the foam lining of the case. She took out a couple of handguns and strapped them into the holsters on my lean, toned thighs that were as thin as willow but as supple as it to. Next she took two blades and attached one to each arm that looked like they could be snapped like a twig. I was already wearing the customary black, leather cat suit and trench coat. She took 3 throwing stars and put them in their place on my belt. She then picked up her most prized possession, a 20 inch fighting sword that went wherever she did. Even I admired it, this sword had never failed to kill someone and she wasn’t about to let that happen. Against my wishes,
I stepped into the cold night air and locked the door. I then turned around and stared at the moon for a while before setting off to find her prey. She had followed him for a week before hand and knew that he was just about to finish work and head to his car, so I hurried along to the book shop he worked at. When I got there I climbed a tree and sat against the trunk in the shadows, waiting.
As I sat waiting, I took out her sword and admired it, its long gilt handle, in which she had carved her name. Then along to the shining blade that reflected the little light there was in the shadow. Along the sharp, pointy blade were the initials of the people she had killed in the last 3 years, I carved them to remind myself of the pain she had caused, it hurt me every time she killed someone but what could I do, if I fought against her then I would be killed.
I was suddenly awoken from my thoughts when I heard a door being locked. I looked up and there was her pray, Alexander White. He looked a bit different from the day before, and I noticed that he seemed stiffer and more alert than usual, I watched as he walked to his car and, silent as a cat, jumped from the tree to the ground. He came closer to me to get to his car, and when he turned his back I swiftly walked up behind him. He must have seen me in the window of his car, as in the next second he had turned to face me and had pulled out his gun. She stopped for a moment then, as I heard the click of the trigger, she dived behind a car and pulled out a hand gun from my right thigh. I looked around the side of the car and she shot a bullet at Alexander; he dodged it and sent one back at me. This was the part she enjoyed, the fight. Most people just accept it and die, but occasionally you get the ones who really want to live and fight back, they always succumb in the end.
I stood up and faced him, our eyes locked and she smirked at him, she could see the desire for life in his eyes and it made it more fun for her to fight. She turned and high kicked the gun from his hand and it landed a few feet away on the ground. As she turned back around to shoot him I noticed that he had a sword in his hands, that was why he looked so stiff, it was down his back; he must have expected her. He held it at arms length and pointed it at my heart; she rolled my eyes and pulled hers from my back to. If it’s a fight he wants, it’s a fight he'll get. We quickly got into it and she somersaulted over him to dodge a blow, dodging blow after blow, getting me slashed a couple of times but he got a few them. He was a good fighter and you wouldn’t think that from looking at him. As it progressed all I was thinking was, why isn’t this over? Why am I stuck doing this? These thoughts abruptly ended when a scream echoed loudly around them. She looked at the blood gushing out of the wounded body and then looked her opponent in the eyes before letting out a bone chilling scream. He pulled the long sword out; there was another loud shriek as it came out and you fell to the floor exhausted from the fight. You looked up at Alexander and smiled at him before saying “my names Paige, thank-you for releasing me.” As you said this, a gust of wind swirled around you before leaving. With that you dropped down in the middle of the car park, your blood making a clear pool around you. As you lay there, you turned your face toward the moon and a peaceful smile on your face. You listened to the sound of sirens coming toward you and waited for them. You were finally free of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was a piece of course work i did for school a couple of years ago, we had to do a short story and i came up with this, what do you think? not bad for a 15 yr old or i was 15 when i wrote it lol