Status: FINISHED!!!! sob

The A7X Mafia

Chapter 43

Valeria’s POV
(3 months later)
Instead of going on a honey moon Matt and I just stayed at home and had a meal that the girls cooked for us and the guys served in waiters outfits which couldn’t help but make Matt and I burst out laughing when we saw them, especially as Jimmy’s was too small and he looked like a prat.
I am now eight months pregnant and Matt and I have been going out a lot lately knowing that we wouldn’t get much of a chance when the baby came so we had been going out regularly.
Tonight Matt was taking me to a restaurant that had just opened up in town about 20 minutes away and we both really wanted to try it out so getting ready I pulled on a pair of shoes and we headed out of the house and into my car before driving off, well Matt driving because he wouldn’t let me while I was pregnant and that’s a good thing because the airbag if it went off wouldn’t be good.
Arriving at the restaurant we are immediately directed to our table by the maître dee and given menus. I smiled in thanks and sighed as I sat down and took the weight off of my feet. Groaning I tell Matt
“I am not going to last much longer if this baby keeps making me tired and heavy” Matt grins and leans forward and takes my hand
“honey the fact that is happening means that she is fine and healthy so be thankful for the tiredness” I glare at him and ask
“would you like to take over seeing as you think this is such a blessing?” he rolls his eyes and says
“no thanks I don’t want the part where she comes out, you can have that” I laugh and he smiles and kisses my hand before leaning back and looking at the menu he asks “what do you want to eat then?” looking at the menu I decide what I want and he motions for the waiter to come over. The guy notices and makes his way over but as he reaches the table the door bursts open and 3 guys come in dressed in black waving guns around.
A shot rings out and a hush fall over the restaurant as a guy shouts
“everyone on the floor!” I look over at Matt who motions for me to get under the table; we were in a booth which was concealed by plants so it was harder for them to see us. I get on the floor as Matt motions for the waiter to go on the ground and make his way to the back door behind our booth and the guy does so though with a scared look in his eye.
Matt gets to the ground and pulls a gun from his shoulder holster, I roll my eyes and whisper
“do you always have a gun on you?” he grins and replies
“oh yeah and don’t think I didn’t see you slip that knife into your boots” I grin back at him and pull it out from the top of my boot, flicking it open I ask
“so what are we gonna do?” Matt gives me a withering glare and says
“well I’m going to shoot the one walking over that side then while the others are looking for who did it I’m going to shoot the other before moving position and shooting the third one while you stay under here and stay safe so that I don’t lose either of you ok?” I roll my eyes and groan
“this is not fair! I can kick ass even if I am pregnant” Matt winces at remembered pain and says
“yeah I know” I had tried to train a little and ended up kicking Matt in the balls because nothing else would work, being pregnant sucked.
I sighed and nodded and leaned back further into the seat I was leaning against and motioned for Matt to get on with it. He nodded and poking his head out from behind the shrubbery he then carefully drew his gun and I watched as he pulled the trigger and a shot exploded from the barrel.
He waited as we heard the screams from the customers and the frantic shouting of the robbers who were telling everyone to shut up and for the person with the gun to come out. The whole time Matt sat there calm as a whistle and I just kept on rubbing my stomach which was being pounded by the baby who I would like to think was pissed that I wasn’t getting any action but it’s more than likely that she can feel what’s happening and is either scared or excited.
Matt carefully took aim and shot again and this time I heard the scream from the guy as he got shot. Matt looked at me and smiled before he climbed out from the other side of the table and went around so that he could shoot the other guy.
I heard one more shot ring out and then silence as I guessed Matt checked to see if they were indeed dead then he called out
“its clear!” I sighed in appreciation and climbed out from under the table. Apparently though everyone else had that idea because as soon as I stood up everyone rushed out from under their tables and headed for the door. They were all pushing and shoving and I was getting caught in the middle. I heard Matt shout for me and I turned in that direction locking eyes with him for a moment seeing the relief that I was ok in them before someone shoved me hard with enough force to knock me off my feet and to the ground.
I tried to shield my stomach by landing on my side but I landed quite heavily and a jolt went through me. I tried to crawl under the table but people didn’t take notice and stepped on my hands but I managed to after just shoving someone out of my way and I hid under there while I waited for Matt to find me as I cradled my stomach hoping that nothing happened with that slam into the ground.
I heard shouting, the voice that of Matt, and lots of people yelling at him before his face appeared under the table with an anxious look on his face. He pulled me out and cradled me to him saying frantically
“I saw you go down, are you ok? Is the baby ok?” I sobbed into his t-shirt saying
“I don’t know, I hit the floor and I don’t know how well I protected the baby!” Matt shushed me and tried to reassure me
“it will be ok honey it was only a fall, we’ll call the doctor and go over there right now ok” I nodded and he led me out of the building, shoving people out of the way aggressively until we reached outside where he explained to the mafia man attending that he had shot them but he needed to take me to get checked out, the guy cleared us and we moved over to the car where we got in and headed right to the doctors.

I watched the monitor anxiously while squeezing Matt’s hand hard and his face was just as worried as the doctor took pictures and analysed them and listened to my stomach through headphones. I looked at Matt who just bit his lip and looked at me the same until I cracked and asked in a shaky voice
“is she ok?” the doctor looked up from the screen and smiled
“oh yes she’s fine” a tremor went through me as I heard those words and a giggle of relief left me as a grin spread across Matt’s face and he rubbed the side of my stomach, the doctor continued “yes she doesn’t appear to have anything wrong with her and all the tests are fine, her heart is nice and strong” I laughed and hugged the doctor before he wiped my stomach clean and I pulled my top down and hugged Matt as well. Turning to the doctor we said thank you and left to head home where I will get straight into bed and rest.
Walking through the front door we head into the living room to tell anyone about our evening but upon entering we decide it’s not a good idea, Johnny was sat on the sofa looking miserable cradling a beer in his hand. I looked at him before turning to Matt and whispering
“he’s upset about something and while I would usually pry until I got the information, I’m so tired so be a good friend and you do it” Matt pouted before he sighed and nodded. I kissed him on the cheek before heading up stairs to bed.

Matt’s POV
“what’s up man?” I ask Johnny as I seat myself on the sofa next to him. He groans and takes another swig of his beer before saying moodily
“nothing” I laugh and nudge him with my knee
“come on something’s wrong now what is it?” Johnny glares at me for a moment before he lets out a breath and says
“I had this amazing night last night I mean it’s got to be some of the best sex I have ever had but instead of me sneaking out early in the morning she does instead and I mean I woke up about 2 hours after we finished and she was gone so she must have left earlier than that and I’m telling you that after what we shared you don’t just step out without telling the other person!” I listened to him rant and when he finished I asked
“do you like this girl Johnny?” Johnny groaned and ran a hand through his hair before shrugging and saying
“I don’t know, I think so I mean, yeah I do like her and I respect her for walking out” I chuckled and clapped him on the back.
“It seems to me man that you need to go and find this girl and have it out with her, she may even feel the same as you do” Johnny groaned again
“then why did she leave?” I shrugged
“maybe she heard about your rep and decided not to chance it” Johnny considered it before he nodded and standing he said
“yeah I’ll find her, thanks man” I stood up and nodded as well
“it’s fine now I’ve got a wife to go look after so I’ll talk to you tomorrow” he nodded and I walked out of the room and up the stairs to Val and I’s room where I climbed in beside her and fell asleep