The Road to Acceptance

Chapter One

Mike pushed harder into Adrienne, moaning in pleasure as she dug her nails into his back and arched her back in climax. He buried his head into her neck to stifle his sounds as he came shortly after.

"I love you," he whispered into her ear as he pushed away her long, dark locks.

"You too." She reached up and wiped away the tiny beads of sweat that glistened on his forehead then moved to stroke his cheek. "This isn't wrong is it?"

"Loving someone isn't wrong."

"But it's you."

Moving from being on top of her, Mike propped himself up on one elbow, allowing his free hand to gently stroke Adrienne's hair. "Does this feel wrong?"

"No."

"Then stop asking if it is." He moved to kiss her neck lightly in reassurance.

"But what if Billie Joe finds out?"

He abruptly stopped kissing and covered her mouth with his hand. "He won't find out. I promise. And neither will anyone else. You have to stop worrying baby."

"I know," she pressed a kiss to his lips. "I know. I'm sorry."

A content silence descended upon the two, and before Mike knew it, her could hear Adrienne's rhythmic breathing indicating she had fallen asleep. He kissed her cheek and silently exited her room, picking up his boxer shorts as he did so.

Once in his bed, adrenaline from the sex still coursed through Mike's veins. He pondered waking Adrienne up again for another go, but decided against it for fear of disturbing anyone else.

Sliding his hands under the covers and into his boxer shorts, he began to work on his hard again penis. Closing his eyes, he pressed his head into the pillow and thought about a time not so long ago when it all began.

He had always loved her. He knew right from when they were young that he cared for her more than just his little sister. But it wasn't until they were teenagers that Mike realised the scale of his feelings. But he kept quiet. After all, he knew she wouldn't feel the same. Why should she? They were brother and sister after all.
'Being in love with your sister is wrong,' he used to tell himself. 'Incest is a crime.'

But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't make the feelings go away.

Then he met Billie Joe.

And things changed.

Right from the start the sixteen year old Billie Joe made it clear he found the fourteen year old Adrienne attractive. And Mike didn't like it one bit.

"Hey Mike, would you mind if I took your sister to the movies?" he remembered Billie asking him one night when they were hanging together at Mike's house.

'Yes I do,' Mike thought inwardly. But rather than answer, he shook his head in 'no'. "Take her. Just don't hurt her ok."

A euphoric grin spread across Billie's face. "You're a pal Mike. Thank you. And I promise---I'll have her home for midnight."

"You better make it before midnight!"

"Jees---what are you? Her dad?"

Mike felt rage boil inside of him, but he suppressed it and glared angrily at his friend. "I'm warning you Billie. She's fourteen. She's a baby. Look after her."

Billie crossed his heart and nodded enthusiastically before bounding to his feet and running upstairs to Adrienne's room.

It was at Adrienne's excited giggles that Mike was sure he felt his heart break.

Fast forward two years later. Mike was in between girlfriends, and Billie Joe and Adrienne were the on and off couple of the century.

That one eventful night sprung into Mike's mind. Adrienne had looked so gorgeous for her Valentines Day date with Billie Joe.

"You sure you don't want us to stay in with you Mikey?" she had asked, whilst putting the finishing touches to her eyeliner.

Mike knew few girls who had prettier eyes than Adrienne. Eyes that were the same shape as his, but where his were piercing blue, hers were of the deepest chocolate brown. "No Adie, you and Billie go out. I'll be fine."

She walked over to the sofa where he was sat and positioned herself on his knee, resting her head on his shoulder. Mike remembered how hard his heart had beat, how he was sure that she would feel it against her body.

"I love you Mike," she told him. "I don't want you to be lonely on Valentines."

"I'm not lonely. I have my right hand!"

"Mike!" she slapped his chest and giggled, just as Billie's car pulled up outside.

His heart sank as she kissed his cheek and excitedly run out to the car.

He was already in bed when he heard the front door open and then frantic footsteps upstairs. He listened intently to see If he could hear if Adrienne was with Billie Joe, but at her loud slam of the bedroom door, he climbed out of bed to investigate.

Adrienne's door was right across from his. With his ear to the door, he couldn't make out if Billie was in there or not. Then something that sounded like a sob made him open the door just a tiny bit. Peeking through the gap, he saw Adrienne laying on the bed and crying into her pillow.

"Adrienne?" he started, inching into the room.

She looked from the pillow to reveal dark mascara tracks down her cheeks. He rushed to the bed and swept her up in his arms.

"Oh Mike," she sobbed. "I feel so stupid!"

"Ssssh," he soothed, stroking her hair. "It'll be alright."

But the way her sobs wracked her body indicated that she was anything but alright.

"What happened?" Mike whispered, lifting her head so she was looking at him.

"H-he w-wanted to t-take it further than j-just kissing. And w-when I s-said no, h-he got mad."

"The bastard!" Mike jumped off the bed and headed to go out of the room.

"Mike! No! Leave him!"

"I told him to look after you! And this is what he does! I'll kill him!"

"Mike!" Adrienne was screaming now. "Please---don't leave."

Her sad eyes pulled ay his heart strings, he reluctantly resumed his place on the bed; anger raging through his body.

"Just wait until morning. He's going to wish he's never been born!"

"Michael---leave it! He's not worth it." Her sobs had quietened, she had relaxed into Mike's safe grip.

"But if he thinks he can get away with hurting you, he can think again."

"I'm alright now I'm with you." She reached round and kissed his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too sis." His heart pounded. If only she knew how much.

"You know---I wish we weren't brother and sister," she suddenly breathed. "I feel safe when I'm with you---I wish I could have a boyfriend like you."

His heart beat faster, his mouth had become dry. He said nothing but kissed the top of her head. He then felt Adrienne shift her weight and move so she was sat facing him. Tears had dried upon her cheeks, solidifying her sadness.

Mike reached out and wiped her face clean. She then took hold of his hand and kissed it softly.

His breaths were really shallow now. He could hear his own heart beat. Seeing Adrienne inch forward slightly, he thought it would beat right out of his chest.

He gazed into her dark, beautiful eyes as she leaned forwards and kissed him lightly on the lips. He thought nothing of it, she kissed him all the time, but then he noticed the way she slowly pulled away, also breathing heavy.

"Adrienne?" he whispered.

Much to his shock, she cut him off from speaking further when she again pressed her lips onto his, kissing him deeply.

"What're you doing?" he gasped when she pulled away and began to pull of her dress, leaving her in her underwear.

"I know you feel it too Mike," was all she said as she pulled off his large nightshirt.

He lunged forwards and kissed her again, letting his hands caress her soft skin. He moaned into her mouth as she run one hand underneath his boxers and teased his erection. He in turn removed her lace thong and slipped his fingers inside of her.

"Mike," she gasped breathlessly. "Lock the door."

He did as he was told and upon his return to the bed Adrienne threw him a condom. He looked at it through wide eyes.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Put it on."

He didn't need telling twice.

The sex that night, Mike still counted as the best they'd had. And flashing forward to present day, he quietly came into some tissue beneath his covers. Six months on, Mike had never thanked Billie Joe for upsetting Adrienne that night.