The Way Things Go

Car Rides, Concerts, and Games.

*November 2008*

*Chelsea's POV*

I'm goin to the Green Day concert tonite and I am beyond excited!!! somehow I got backstage passes for me, my friend kate, and her older brother jon.

I looked at my shoulder-length blonde hair and just looked at myself in the mirror. I guess I just wanted to make sure I looked good. I decided for a punk-rock fan, I wasnt very punk. I wore hollister, abercrombie, and american eagle clothing. I never wore any make-up besides lip gloss. I put in some blue rhinestone earings to match my blue eyes and walked downstairs.

"Hi dork! Bye dork!" I said as i walked past my 10 year old brother Brandon. He just continued watching some cartoon about superman. I heard a car horn and ran outside. I left without saying goodbye to my parents because they were out to dinner somewhere.

"Hey Kate, Hey Jon!"

"Hey!" they replied in unision.

I put on my seatbelt and Jon turned on the radio. Surely enough, it was a Green Day song. Jon, Kate, and I all sang along to American Idiot but, quieted down as soon as it ended. Jon is 19 and he was the only reason we were allowed to go to the concert in the first place.

After like 30 mins we finally got to the concert. It was 8pm. We went inside and some security gaurd led us to the dressing rooms.

"They are all in there." he mumbled.

Jon opened a large, red door to reveal my six favorite people in the whole world.

"Oh my god!" Kate and I both ran into the room screaming that over and over. We could tell they were happy with our reaction to seeing their face so we went around giving them hugs. (in this order: Mike, Ronnie, Jason W., Jason F., Tre, Billie Joe).

We had a great time mingling with the guys. Tre told some jokes (most of which werent funny but everyone laughed anyway because they didnt make any sense). I used to live in London so I talked with Ronnie about living there.

"I love what you do, don't you know that you're toxic..." sang Tre

Everyone was rolling on the floor but I just stood there and said " Tre, I worry about you."

Now he was on the floor laughing and so was I. After an hour more of chatting, singing and joking, the guys got onstage and we joined the crowd. After the concert, Jason W. came up to us and asked if he and the guys could stay at our place. Jon and Kate called thier parents and said everyone (including me) could stay at their house.

Everyone except me and Jon slept on the way home. Instead I thought about how much fun I had had so far and what was going to happen.

At 11pm we pulled into Kate and Jon's driveway. Jon and I started to poke everyone to get them up. We went in the house and straight to the basement. We played SCRABBLE. During the game Tre argued that "ur mom" was a word but, everyone else argued against it. Yet, somehow he won the game. Then we played TWISTER. It was so funny. Ronnie's head was practically up Tre's butt, I was underneath Billie (who was about to collapse from laughing so hard), Mike was between Freese's legs (we decided to call Jason Freese by his last name), And Jason was between Mike's legs. Jon spun the arrow thing because he didnt want to end up under Tre.

By 2am we were running out of excitement so Tre (extremely hyper from cupcakes and pepsi) suggested SPIN THE BOTTLE. We all agreed that it would be fun. Tre of course went first. Just Ronnie's luck.

"Prepare for me to rock your world" Tre said. Tre kissed Ronnie briefly. Now it was Billie's turn. The bottle stopped pointing straight at me.

"Aren't you lucky." he said. I stared into his emerald eyes and he kissed me. i stuck out my tongue and pretended to gag. This game went on for about an hour. I think everyone kissed everyone at least 80 times. At 3am we all went to sleep.