The Game

Level Five

The weekend went by okay, nothing bad happening in the physical world, or their’s. I helped my mom clean the house and went up to the park a couple of times. It was a pretty uneventful weekend though.

My mom woke me up on Monday morning and told me to get up and get dressed, because the guys that were going to work on our bathroom would be there in about an hour. I was not happy, I really wanted to sleep in. I took a quick shower and started packing some random things, even though I was still hoping I’d get to stay at the house through the whole thing.

“Hurry up, they’ll be here soon, and you still need to look for a job you know,” my mom was saying while I was throwing things into my favorite duffel bag.

“MOM! I AM hurrying! And I’ll find a job, you don’t have to keep hounding me…” I said, trying to get her to leave my room so I could have some time to myself.

“I know, but you haven’t been looking much since school ended,” she said in a I’m-your-mom-and-I-know-best voice.

“Well, school just ended, didn’t it?” I said kind of snappy. “I’ll find one soon enough, quit worrying.”

“Fine. I’m staying here until the guys get here, make sure you get everything,” she said, walking out of my room. Me and my mom always snapped like this when we were trying to hurry. Or she started getting snappy. I didn’t really have a problem with hurrying, I just always snap back.

“I’m done packing!” I shouted, hoping she could hear me, and grabbed my two bags, which I knew weren’t enough, but I’d be coming back here anyway. “I’m going to go ahead and leave,” I said as I walked out of my room and saw her sitting in the living room.

“Okay… be careful, I love you, I’ll see you tonight,” she said, looking up from the papers she had started messing with.

“Love you too, bye,” I said, almost sprinting out the door.

For some reason, I always loved leaving the house. It always caused a wave of ecstasy to go through my body when I went through the door. Probably just because I liked moving, like walking, or driving, or just going somewhere. I hated being stuck in one spot, which was why I was so happy that I had gotten a car for this summer. To me, Isabella meant freedom.

I got into my car, and drove out of the driveway, not really sure of where I was going. Jessie was finished up with school, but I doubted her parents would let her go out, and I really hadn’t been talking to anyone else lately. I just decided to head over to my grandma’s.

When I got there, my grandma was gone, but my sister was there.

“Hey, babydoll,” she said, when she saw it was me and ran up to give me a hug.

My sister is one of the most amazing people ever. Well, according to me. Her name is Sarah, and she’s 21. Yay for legal drinking age. Of course, I don’t really drink… anyway, my sister was living with my grandma right now because she was in debt from some mistakes earlier, and now couldn’t exactly afford an apartment, and definitely wasn’t moving back into mom and dad’s. She and I looked almost exactly alike, except my hair style was constantly changing, and I wore darker clothing than she did. I was the yin, she was the yang. That’s how it’s always been.

“Hi, Sarah,” I said, leaning into her hug and smiling. We were really close, I loved my sister. “I’m just dropping off some stuff since we’re staying here. Do you have school today?”

“You guys are staying here already? They started working on the bathroom? Wow… No, I start summer school next week, I’m just cleaning my room right now.”

“Yeah… I’m not too happy. Cool. I don’t really know what I’m doing today…” I said, sitting on her bed.

“Well, you can watch me clean, but that’s boring… Maybe I’ll do something later with you,” she said, going back to picking up random objects.

“That works,” I said, and I just hung out with my big sister for the rest of the day.

I ended up having to sleep on a fold-out couch. It was really uncomfortable.

My dad had come home that night. He bitched me out about the registration citation, which actually turned out to be my inspection. How the cop got the two mixed up, I don’t even know.

We argued for about an hour before I walked off. I stayed in the computer room, which would be my room until they finished at our house (my parents were completely against me staying by myself). Then the family wanted to go out to eat, so all 5 of us ended up going to a restaurant, which wasn’t too bad, we had minimal disagreements for us. They let me retreat to the computer room again when we got back, and I just got on the internet and downloaded yahoo IM, which of course, Jessie was on.

Jessie Chaos: RACHY RACH!!!!!
Little Bunny Fufu: HEY!!! I’m over at my grandma’s…
Jessie Chaos: That sucks… why are you there?
Little Bunny Fufu: They started on the bathroom… My dad is home too… I have to sleep on a freaking couch.
Jessie Chaos: Well that’s gay… Sorry that your dad is home. Hahaha, and you’re on the couch just like D’Michael has to sleep on the couch at his dad’s. How was your day besides that?
Little Bunny Fufu: It’s fine, we haven’t really started arguing yet… Haha, I know, right? And my day has been fine… I hung out with my sister.
Jessie Chaos: Sounds like fun… I was stuck at home all day. I was so BORED!! There’s almost nothing to do here…
Little Bunny Fufu: LIES!!!! Haha, you have your PS2, your computer, cable, high speed internet, food, books…
Jessie Chaos: SHHH!!! Haha, I know, I just like complaining… Hey, did you feel that earlier?
Little Bunny Fufu: Feel what….?
Jessie Chaos: That… pulse… something big pulsed… I can’t believe you didn’t feel it, you’re usually more connected than me.
Little Bunny Fufu: Oh… I told you I’ve been ignoring it a lot lately… but no, I didn’t feel anything. I doubt it was very important.
Jessie Chaos: Okay… It just surprised me. Katchik came when it happened, she doesn’t come often.
Little Bunny Fufu: Huh… weird…. Well, don’t worry about it. I think Shürkron would’ve gotten ahold of me if it was bad.
Little Bunny Fufu: Hey, I’m gunna go to bed… Sorry, tired.
Jessie Chaos: Okay… Gaw, leave me to be bored.
Jessie Chaos: Night.
Little Bunny Fufu: Haha, sorry
Little Bunny Fufu: Night, love you
Jessie Chaos: Love you too

I logged off and went to go sit outside after that. I thought I might as well ask Shürkron if anything was going on, then I really was going to bed.

I closed my eyes, and started concentrating on connecting to the other side. It was a weird sensation… kind of like someone extended your sight, your hearing, your touch… even your thoughts. I finally got a good “connection”, and called out.

Shürkron!!!

Silence…

…What is it? He finally answered.

Jessie said there was something earlier… Was it anything of importance?

Oh… Don’t worry about it. It’s not your time to know. I have to quit talking now though. Call me later. I’ll answer.

Okay… He kept cutting it short like this lately. We used to talk for hours, but this was the best that I’ve been getting for months.

I sighed and got up to go back inside. Apparently, that was the best I was getting until later. I flopped down on the bed that they had made me, and fell asleep after a couple of minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, sorry that the first few chapters aren't really all that exciting, I just don't like jumping into a story. I wanted to give you the characters and let you get used to it first. If you stick around, I promise it'll get better, and things will start making sense. Comments are appreciated.