Sequel: I'll Never Look Back.

Ouch. I Think I Love You.

I'm So Sorry.

"I'm so sorry, I never knew."
Wanker!
"Of course you never fucking knew, because you were too busy being wrapped up in your own ass that other people meant nothing to you." He looks really hurt, and I have to try very hard to stop my voice from cracking.
"I'm so sorry, Caitlin, I never meant to do that to you."
Oh shit, he's started crying.
I can't help it, the fact that he's si sincere that he's crying in front of me melts all these weeks of hurt away.
"Alex, I... I think I still love you, and if you want me, I'll think about getting back together with you, I never wanted it to end in the first place." His eyes fill with hope and he looks up at me with sheer surprise and joy filling those gorgeous balck orbs.
"Caitlin, I want you back so badly, and I'll do anything to prove you can trust me. You name it, I'll do it."
Well, he means it at least. I think I want him back, but I don't know if I can face that kind of hurt again......... Ok, decision time.
"Right, I'll say yes, but I don't want anything, OK?" He looks up in suprise, I guess he doesn't know me as well as I thought he did.
"You don't?" Nothing material.
"Well, I just want you to have patience, I'm not saying yes yet, I want you to work at our friendship, first. I don't think it'll take too long, but I will not jump into something without us being friends again because I don't want to go through losing you again without knowing that there's some sort of safety net first, OK?"
He nods enthusiastically. I think he got the message.
"Anything you want. I promise to NEVER treat you like this again."
"Oh shit, I've got to go, but I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"
"Yeah. Sure. Hey, you still addicted to Freddo's?"
"Think so."
My eyes twinkle as I pull the chocolate frog out of my bag and he starts laughing.
Things are going to be fine.
I hope.