Sequel: I'll Never Look Back.

Ouch. I Think I Love You.

Oh Crap, Oh Crap. Oh Crap!


"I really fucked that up." I wail.
I don't think I'll ever stop blushing from that cringe-fest.
* * *
"Hello, you must Alex's Grandmother, it's lovely to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you." I was doing okay.
"You must be Caitlin, I can the same about you." Okay, she liked me. Or so I thought.
She brought tea in for us, in a fucking tea-pot! What the hell was I supposed to do? Here we go.
"So, tell me about yourself Caitlin. I hear you've just moved back to Brighton. Why did you move?" I got the feeling she was under a lot of strain.
"Well, after my parents split up, my Dad got married, and Mum couldn't afford to live here as a single parent, she met someone else, but they wanted to live in Cornwall, which is still beyond me, but anyway, they moved us there. Then they got bored after a while, so now we're back."
She looked very unbelieving that single parents actually exist.
She cleared her throat and mumbled something about getting dinner on. It's a good thing she didn't ask about-
"Do you go to church, Caitlin?"
Shit.
I took a very deep breath, preparing for the onslaught of judgement that was coming.
"I don't actually, I stopped believing in any kind of God a very long time ago. Im a bit disdainful towards the church as well."
"Oh, that's a shame. Perhaps you'll find the right path in time."
What?!
"I'd better be going, I think, I have a lot of coursework to do. Thank you ever so much for having me round, I hope I'll see you soon."
"Yes, well, that's alright. It was... enlightning to meet you. Goodbye."
She couldn't wait to get me out of the door.
* * *
"Don't worry about her, babe, she's just old-fashioned. It doesn't matter what she thinks, I love you." He kisses me lightly on the mouth, and holds me close to his chest, "can I stay at yours tonight, please?"
He looks hopeful.
"You have to let me do my coursework, okay?"
He laughs.
"I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long, I got cut off! xx Kitty xx