Status: This story is slowly active.

You Won't Be Seventeen Forever

Nein.

Val's POV

I could tell I was going to hate it.

As soon as I got off the plane at the tiny airport I breathed in the fresh spring air. It wasn't hot, it was fresh out. I didn't like it. I missed my beautiful California weather. Being in the sun made me happy.

The airport was so small. There were no huge shops like a mall in there. There weren't any restuarants. This place must have been small, even though someone told me it was the third largest city in the state.

I grabbed my suitcases and walked outside again. There was one taxi there, looking deserted off in the corner for someone to take. I guess no one used taxis here.

I didn't use taxis at home, I used the metro. But there was no train system here....

I asked the sketchy driver to take me to Whitehall, which was right outside of Allentown.

"It'll cost ya a bit kid," he said.

"That's alright," I replied, trying not to catch his gaze.

I settled into the uncomfortable backseat, just wanting a bath and a good, long cry.

-----------------

I got to the house and I was shocked. It was huge. And it was in a very pretty part of what seemed like a crazy city. I knew my family had money, though, so it shouldn't have surprised me.

I was afraid of turning up unannounced. I hadn't seen my aunt since I was a toddler, and I didn't remember my cousins at all. I knew my cousins went to the Catholic high school, and that my aunt and uncle had been divorced for awhile. Things could just go good or bad for me.

Judging by the time-one in the afternoon-I expected my cousins to still be at school. School...what was I going to do about that? There were two months of school left. Couldn't I just skip these two months for a long holiday? I really couldn't handle fitting in like that so fast.

"Here we go," I said to myself, and pulled my luggage up the pretty, flower-lined walkway.

I rang the doorbell and prayed my aunt would be home.

To my gladness, a lady that looked like my mom, only kinder and younger-looking, opened the door.

"Hello? Do I know you?" she asked.

I must have looked disgusting. I hadn't showered since...I wasn't sure, and of course the plane ride doesn't help.

"Hi um...you probably don't remember me...or recognize me. I'm your niece, Val Briar," I explained, my voice cracking a few times.

She looked down at the suitcases I was holding.

"Oh my dear, it is you! What are you doing here, honey?" she asked, pulling me into the house.

"I um...I needed to leave home for a little bit."

"Big city Cali getting the best of you? It gets the best of everyone dear. Are you alright?"

"Yes, but I just needed to get away, far away. And I knew you lived here. I was wondering if I could..." I felt rude for just inviting myself into her home.

"Dear, you can stay as long as you want. I totally understand. Go up to the third floor, first door on the right, and that's the guest suite. Go make yourself comfortable, and get yourself a bath. I'll make you something to eat!" she exclaimed.

I attacked her in a hug. "Oh thank you, Aunt Jeannie!"

She just smiled. "I was a kid like you once. Your cousins Janie and Tori will be home from their cheering practice in an hour," she explained.

Catholic school girl cheerleaders.

This could be good, or really, really bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in awhile because... well I have no excuse. I'm just a loser.
:D
comment please!