Ignorance Is Bliss, Cherish It

The News Is Depressing

I shut off the TV and sighed. I was 18 and was going to graduate high school soon. I found it sad that I found the news more depressing than the fact that I'd be leaving my friends and going off to college. What was depressing about the news is that it seemed that every time I turned it on they were reporting a new murder and/or a missing person. Apparently they figured all the murders and missing people were linked to one person. Who that was, they had no idea. There was no leads or suspects.

I trudged to my room, sitting at my desk and turning my computer on. When I logged onto AIM, to talk to my friends to cheer me up a bit, I immediately got an I.M. from a screen name I didn't know. I clicked the button that said to show the I.M.

PansY[8:04p.m.]: Hey
IrisxX[8:05p.m.]: hi..who is this?
PansY[8:05p.m.]: u dont know me
IrisxX[8:06p.m.]: i realize this..howd u get my sn
PansY[8:06p.m.]: i have my ways ; )
PansY has signed off [8:07p.m.]

Slightly creeped out by the wierd I.M., I decided to sign off without talking to any of my friends. Who was that anyways? I shuddered slightly. Wierd.

I heard the front door of my house open and close. My mom was home.

"Iris?" she called.

"In my room!" I yelled back. I heard her moving toward my room before she finally appeared in my doorway.

"Hey honey," she said, smiling.

"Hey Mom," I said back.

"Sorry I had to work late again," she said. "Did you eat?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Good," she said. "Well I'm going to go grab some leftovers and probably call it a night."

"Yeah," I said, yawning. "I think I'm going to go to bed soon too."

My mom nodded her head.

"Well, good night," she said. "I love you."

"Love you too," I said. My mom left my doorway. I sighed and got up from my computer chair, closing my bedroom door.

I changed quickly into some pajamas, before laying down on my bed and quickly falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! :D I hope it sounds interesting. Sorry the first chapter is kinda lame. Anyways, tell me what you think!
~Sally