Ignorance Is Bliss, Cherish It

***ed

Iris's P.O.V.

The morning after my night alone, I found myself alone again. My mom wasn't home. I assumed she had to work early this morning. That had to suck. Working late at night and then having to work early in the morning. The only unusual thing about the whole thing was taht she didn't leave a note.

------------------------------------------

When I got home from school, I got onto AIM. Frank was online.

PansY: Hey. how was your night?
IrisxX: lonely
PansY: why is that?
IrisxX: because my mom had to work late..and you were gone
PansY: oh..sorry about that
IrisxX: it's ok..the only thing now is my mom isn't home. she must have had to work early this morning
PansY:did your mom come home last night?
IrisxX: i don't know..i was sleeping
PansY: ok..well if anything happens, let me know
PansY has signed off

I sighed. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately..sighing. Anyways, I worked on my homework for a few hours, and when my mom still wasn't home, I went into the kitchen to heat up some leftovers. I went into the living room with my dinner, and turned on the TV to find something to watch. It was too early for the news.

"Tonights top story," said the anchorwoman. "A woman was found dead in her car this morning. More information at 7"

I sighed. Just what I wanted to hear about. I decided not to watch the news that night. I found some cartoon, and ate my dinner while watching it. Halfway through the show, the phone rang. Thinking it might be my mom, I hopped up off the couch, setting my plate on the coffee table, and went to answer the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Is this the Williams' residence?" asked a male voice on the other end.

"Yes," I said. "May I ask who's calling?"

"This is Officer John," the male said. "Who am I speaking to?"

"Iris Williams," I said.

"Do you know a Dianne Williams?" Officer John asked.

"Yes," I said. I started to get worried. Well, I was worried the moment I found out I was getting a call from a police officer. "S-She's my mother."

"I see," he said. "Well, I'm sorry to tell you this over the phone.. But we found your mother in her car. She died last night. We're pretty positive she was murdered."
♠ ♠ ♠
Most(if not all) of you pretty much predicted it lol. Comments?
~Sally