Ignorance Is Bliss, Cherish It

Just Sleep

I led Frank into my house. It was weird that my mom would never be here again.

"I think I'm going to head to bed," I said. I led Frank into the living room. I started taking the cushions off of the couch and pulled out the bed. "You can sleep here. I'll go get you a pillow and a blanket."

When I got back, Frank was sitting on the edge of the bed. He got up when he saw me and took the blanket and pillow from my arms.

"Do you need anything else?" I asked. He shook his head. I forced a slight smile. "Well, good night then."

I headed to my room. Frank was unusually quiet. Well, I guess I can't call it unusual, seeing as I've only ever talked to him online. I guess he was weirdly quiet.

I changed into some pajamas and laid on my bed. I tossed and turned for hours, not being able to sleep. After a few hours, I just got up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. As I sipped my water, I stared out the window above the kitchen sink.

"Iris?" I jumped and the glass fell out of my hand, shattering and spilling water everywhere as it hit the floor.

"Shit," I said. I kneeled down and started to pick up some of the glass.

"Let me get that," said Frank, coming over and kneeling across from me.

"No," I said. "It's fine."

I picked up a piece of glass. It was wet and it slipped, cutting me.

"Ow," I said, tears welling in my eyes. "Shit, that hurts."

"Iris," Frank said, grabbing my hand to look at the cut. "Are you ok?"

"No, dumbshit," I said. "I'm not ok. My mom is dead and know I just cut my hand."

Frank dropped my hand and stood up. I grabbed a dish towel and wrapped it around my hand. I stood up and went over to Frank.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It's ok," Frank said.

"No, it's not," I said. "I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you. You didn't do anything."

Frank looked down at his feet, before looking back up at me.

"Let me see your hand," he said. I held my hand out to him and he took it gently, carefully unwrapping the towel. He looked at it closely. "I don't think you'll need stitches. Let's clean it and bandage it though."

I nodded my head and showed Frank to the bathroom. Frank cleaned it and bandaged it carefully. When he was done, he kissed my hand.

"All better," he said. I smiled at him.

"Thank you," I said.

"So," said Frank. "Why were you up?"

"I couldn't sleep," I said. Frank nodded his head.

"Come on," he said. He held onto my other hand, the un-injured one, and led me to my room. I climbed into my bed and was surprised when Frank got in after me. He saw my look of surprise and nervousness. "Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything."

He layed down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I relaxed after a little bit and cuddled into his chest. I found myself finally falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little bit longer than usual :D I started another story if anyone's interested. It's called 'She's Not Bleeding On The Ballroom Floor Just For The Attention.' It's a Ryan Ross fanfic.
Feedback please?
~Sally