Ignorance Is Bliss, Cherish It

Crashing

I locked myself in my room again, not leaving for anything. I didn't know if Frank had left. The house was silent and I never heard the front door open or close. I sighed and laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

I woke up a few hours later and saw that it was dark out. I sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I looked at my alarm clock and saw that it was around midnight. I got off my bed and quietly unlocke my bedroom door and opened it. I wanted to see if Frank was gone. I walked silently to the living room and looked at the fold-out bed. It was empty. I searched the rest of the house and found that it was empty too. Frank had really gone. I went back to my room and sat on my bed. I felt sad now because I had gotten rid of Frank and I was now completely alone. I know he had killed my mom, but I needed someone here..even if it is the guy who killed my mom.

I looked around my room and my eyes finally rested on my computer. I jumped off my bed, rushing over to it and turning it on. I was desperate for it to start up faster that I actually started crying. When I finally logged onto AIM, I only cried harder. Frank wasn't online. I felt a wave of anger came over me and I pushed my computer off my desk. It crashed onto the floor and the monitor flickered off. I left my room and went to the living room. Still crying, I folded the bed back into the couch. After replacing the cushions, I sat on it and stared at the turned off TV.

I sighed and leaned my head on the back of the couch. I didn't know what to do now. I jumped when the phone rang. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was 1 in the morning. I then stared at the phone that was ringing, wondering who was calling at this time. I got up off the couch, and rushed to the phone. I hoped that maybe it would be Frank.

"Hello?" I said, as I answered the phone.

"Iris Williams?" asked the man on the other end. I recognized the voice.

"Y-yes?" I said. I knew he was going to say something bad. It was the officer who had called when my mother had died.

"We got the guy who killed your mom," Officer John said. I closed my eyes tight, feeling my tears returning yet again. "He turned himself in about an hour ago."
♠ ♠ ♠
I <3 everyone who's commented ^_^
Feedback?
~Sally