Ignorance Is Bliss, Cherish It

Wondering

I was walking home from school, like usual, and as I was walking down Main Street, I saw a man leaning agains a building on the opposite side of the road, smoking. I looked quickly. I swore it was Frank. But before I could get a good look, a school bus went by, and when it had passed, the man was gone. I hurried home after that and went straight to my room, signing onto AIM. Frank wasn't online. I watched the screen, and not much later, he signed on.

IrisxX: were you in town just a little bit ago?
PansY: I may have been..
IrisxX: i'll talk to you, but I do NOT want to see you in public, understand?
PansY: perfectly
IrisxX: good
PansY: by the way, you looked beautiful today
PansY has signed off

I blushed. That definately confirmed that I had seen him. Oh God, what was I going to do? I also knew that he did in fact live in the area..and that he wasn't a perverted old man. At least I knew he wasn't a liar, as far as I could tell. But I didn't like the fact that he could find me so easily. It was kind of scary.

---------------------------------------

That night, I watched the news, as usual. There was a report of another murder. Great. When the news was over, I turned off the TV and signed onto AIM.

PansY: Hey. how are you tonight?
IrisxX: i'd be better if the news wasn't so depressing :/
PansY: why is the news depressing?
IrisxX: there's almost always a murder being reported. there was another one tonight. i was happy because there hadn't been any murders in a while, but now this one
PansY: i guess that would be depressing to some people
PansY has signed off

I stared at the screen, wondering why Frank had signed off so suddenly. I was also wondering what he meant by his last message.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback please? :D
~Sally