‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 1

"Will!" I exclaimed.

I busted into the bus lounge in vain, seeing only Jamie feeding her baby, a girl named Zoe.

"Sorry, have you seen Will, or come to think of it the rest of the guys?" I asked, still shaking from the phone call I'd just had.

"Try sound check." She replied, suppressing a yawn.

I thanked her, chuckling to myself at her obvious exhaustion, remembering I was in her position not so long ago.

Still, I was just as tired having to share a bus with them after it was decided to get two buses, one for those of us who were tied down with spouses and kids, the other for the rest of the band.

It occurred to me I probably should've told Jamie the news I'd just gotten but I got the feeling it would've gone in one ear and out the other.

That's how it usually is when you've got a baby screaming in your ear most the day, if it's not about said baby or your husband overdosing on Swedish fish (sadly Mike had done that), you just don't care.

Still, Jamie's directions seemed to have been right since I began hearing their music filtering out of the venue, hearing them everyday becoming a part of the usual routine.

It had been almost seven months since Will and I had our huge fight and I chased him across the country.

Since then we'd gone across the country together and the dramatic year we had been together felt more like a decade.

The only thing that kept us in check of time was Zackie, my bouncing nine month old son, who looked more and more like Will everyday; it was scary.

What was also scary was the reality check that I was twenty-three with a husband and son, practically homeless.

Home was a thousand miles away back in Chicago, the city I loved and hadn't set my eyes on for almost two months.

Will wasn’t lying when he said touring would be tough, but neither of us had realized how tough it would be with a baby.

We learned that the hard way with Warped Tour, where I had no choice but to go home with a very pregnant Jamie and a cranky four month old.

Eventually what felt like forever ended with Warped and traveling around the country on a promotional tour for the album became easier without the heat and chaos factoring in.

It would've been impossible to do without having a very quiet baby with an ability to sleep through anything, or the supporting friends we had.

All the boys were like uncles to Zackie, letting him get away with the things he wasn’t supposed to do or, if it was the Butcher, enjoyed dressing him up as Sisky's replacement.

Whenever Will and I were ready to kill each other or collapse on our feet, they happily took over as babysitters, proving Will was right, that they would grow up with the kids around, with the exception of the Butcher.

Living on the road had somehow become normal, though having a family on it with a very rambunctious kid just learning to crawl presented problems.

That was where the tour bus became a blessing in disguise with so little things that needed baby proofing.

With all these thoughts of my baby I suddenly picked up speed toward the arena where my love and mini love were.

Will's glorious voice got louder and louder as I got closer, finally seeing him.

They were in the middle of not only sound check but a meet and greet as well.

I couldn’t help but giggle; not at the fans staring up at Will like he was God or because they wanted to have his babies (not all it's cracked up to be) but because while Will sang his heart out Zackie hung asleep from the harness on Will's chest.

Even with the drums and bass and guitar riffs he managed to sleep through everything; it was a miracle.

As I watched from backstage, Jack walked up.

"Hey Lilly, I heard you were looking for the guys."

I nodded, still tired from my rush around the venue.

"I had some major news to tell them but... I'm afraid they'll claw my eyes out if I stop them." I said, pointing at the fans.

Jack chuckled and leaned in with an expectant look, batting his eyelashes. "Can you tell me instead?"

Laughing, I leaned in and whispered it in his ear to keep with the sudden slumber party atmosphere.

Immediately he pulled away with his eyes wide and a large grin.

"Screw the fans, go, stop the show and spread the gossip!" Jack urged, pushing me forward onstage.

I stumbled awkwardly on stage as thirty pairs of eyes, along with the boys, stared at me

Will stopped mid note and turned to me.

"Lilly? What's up?"

Suddenly everyone staring at me didn’t matter as that same happy anxiousness from earlier returned.

"I just got off the phone with Shelby..."

Will leaned closer as I paused for dramatics, making sure everyone heard me.

"Ryan proposed!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you are, the long awaited sequel!
I'm warning you now, this story isn't done so there won't be massive updates, or maybe even daily updates, but I will stick with this story.
My writers block is still pretty bad (I never knew writing non dramatic chapters would be so hard) but part seven shouldn't take too long.
Oh and if anyone could help me post the better quality banner for this story in the gallery thing I would be VERY grateful because nothing is working.
I drew it and I'm damn proud, but resizing destroys quality... bummer.
Anyway for those of you still hanging around, comments please?