‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 11

Every day of the past few weeks had been filled with wedding planning.

Despite being the black sheep of her family Shelby had something in common with her sister.

They were both wedding Nazi's.

Maybe it was the pressure of the wedding fast approaching that was doing this to her because suddenly I began to see what she would look like pregnant.

And if Shelby ever got pregnant I was moving to a remote village in China for nine months.

In fact just seeing her go crazy with wedding plans I made a mental note to thank Will when I saw him for planning ours so I didn’t have to.

Sad thing was I hadn’t really seen him for a week or so since he was helping Ryan and I was helping Shelby and whenever we got home it usually involved taking care of Zackie and falling asleep.

So for the first time in all the chaos I found myself... home... with Will.

"We don't have to do anything do we?" I asked, looking up at him from where my head lay in his lap.

He shook his head, brushing his fingers through my hair.

"Ryan and Shelby went to go plan their honeymoon and if by some weird chance they need us for that I turned our phones off and we'll give them the talk they desperately need later."

I sighed, reaching my hand up to brush his lips lightly. "This is why I love you."

That grin that Will only got when he was reminded of something that made him exceptionally happy slipped on his face.

"I know that smile." I lilted softly.

It only grew bigger as he took his free hand in mine and traced his fingers lazily through them.

I know it sounded weird but I had such an odd fascination with Will's hands, just like I did with his back or for that matter every part of him, but his hands in particular.

They were both soft and rough from guitar and loading equipment, but somehow managed to give me chills every time they brushed against my cheek.

As I nearly lost myself in Will's chocolate eyes I remembered something that made me feel guiltier than any mom could make me.

"Oh shit, shit, shit, shit, shit." I muttered, sitting up.

"What is it?" Will asked curiously.

I turned around to look at him guiltily.

"I completely forgot your birthday is this week! Fuck I'm a terrible wife." I sighed, running my hands nervously through my hair.

Will chuckled softly and pulled me into his arms. "Don't feel bad Lilly, we've both been busy helping our friends."

I waved him off. "Oh that's no excuse after that fantastic surprise party you threw me back in August and I missed your birthday last year because we were fighting. The odds are against me."

With a kiss on the top of my head Will attempted to calm me down, only making him even more wonderful since it was his birthday I was freaking out about.

I never did understand how he could keep such a calm head over things like this while I was the one that freaked out at the drop of a hat.

"Lilly?" Will asked, drawing me out of my mind.

I looked up. "Oh sorry, just thinking I guess."

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my middle, pulling me onto his lap.

"So are you okay? Cause my birthday really doesn't matter all that much to me."

I smiled and kissed him softly. "That's not gonna work on me. Besides, I still kind of owe you for our wedding."

I knew birthdays meant a lot to Will; I'd heard the stories of his birthday parties when he was younger and how much they meant to him, or even now with Zackie's first birthday fast approaching I could see the excitement building just by the glimmer in his eyes.

"Don't worry about it though, let's just enjoy our free time while it lasts." I murmured, placing a quick kiss on his lips.

Will smiled and pulled me close, running his hands slowly up and down my back.

Sometimes I worried we'd rushed into marriage too quickly (among other things) but moments like these were kind of like vindication.

So was the feeling of my heart jumping in surprise every time Will pulled me into one of those kisses that you feel even in the smallest nerve.

Like Will did just then.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shitty update once again, but on the bright side I finished part 13 and now I'm finally working on 20.
*breathe sigh of relief*
Oh and I just finished watching the new TAI TV.
God... was that not one of the best episodes yet or what?
I mean, not only We The Kings showed up, but so did part of Say Anything, All Time Low, 'El Bronx', and my personal favorite ORESKABAND!!! (Japanese ska band made up of all girls, totally kicks ass)
Makes me happy to see my favorite band being so social at Warped and making friends with my other favorite bands.
United they could someday rule the world...