‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 14

The day after Will's birthday he and I were lounging at home, snuggled up after the night of me giving him his second present.

The party had been a blessing in disguise in so many ways.

Aside from the obvious like me and Will deciding to buy the house, other issues had been resolved.

Like Madi and Sisky.

She assured me after the party while we were cleaning up that things were still awkward but at least they'd talked things out.

It turns out later when everyone was chilling outside, either buzzed or danced out, both of them had crossed paths and forced them into an uncomfortable conversation to resolve their issues.

I secretly believed The Butcher and Travis may have been involved in that since she mentioned something along the lines or all the doors in hallway being locked, alone with a lot of giggles.

Will had been right to let them work things out there 'own', one of those annoyingly convenient traits of his.

I laughed for a moment as I watched Zackie crawling around on the blanket with the puppy.

"Have you decided on a name for her yet?"

He shrugged. "Would it be too weird if I named her Zeppelin?"

My grin slipped through as I glanced at the Chocolate Labrador puppy. "I think it's perfect, especially since you'll never get away with naming any child we might have that. No matter how many drugs are in my system."

He chuckled and assured me he'd never do that, though his response was muffled as he nuzzled my neck, leading me to think otherwise.

Our now two babies crawled and tumbled over each other like the lifelong friends I was sure they'd be.

Will distracted me from the adorable sight as he began quickly typing on his laptop, his unknown enthusiasm obvious.

"What is it?"

"Last night while you were putting Zackie to bed I put in an offer on the house and they emailed me back. We've got to fill out some paperwork and legal documents, but for the most part it's ours." Will explained, unable to hide his happiness.

I grinned and leaned in, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"So we unofficially own a house?"

He nodded and returned my smile tenfold.

I glanced over at all my family in the bed, my baby, my puppy, and my husband.

Already in my mind I was saying goodbye to our apartment and all the memories it held.

It seemed our lives were moving forward quickly and we were all growing up.

That was the scary part.

It wasn’t when I got married or when I had a baby that it hit me, but when we were getting a house.

We were really growing up.

And then of course, right at that moment when I thought things were perfect, the phone rang.

I grabbed my Sidekick and flipped it open.

"Yo."

"Lilly!" Shelby exclaimed happily on the other line.

"Yep, spill."

Her giggling was turning hysterical as she replied.

"It's all done! Everything is planned!" She squealed.

My expression crossed into confusion as I answered.

"Shelby how is that possible?"

I had no real experience with planning weddings but I was acutely aware of the difficulties that came with planning them, and I just couldn’t believe she was done.

"My Nazi wedding planning sister pulled it off. There is still stuff we need to do like the day of the wedding but other than that we're set."

I smiled. "Well that's great honey. So any reason you couldn't tell me this in a text?"

She laughed. "Well we were all going to go out tonight to Angels and Kings to celebrate. The wedding is three days and we need to celebrate now that everyone is finally in town."

I once again went into confusion. "Everyone's back?"

"Yep, Brendon finally showed up, now are you guys gonna party or what?"

I sighed. "Shelby honey I've got a baby and a new puppy, it's not like we can up and party."

Will glanced at me questioningly as I shook my head to him.

"Don't worry, we've got that covered. Madi has homework to do and can't go so she's more than happy to watch them, puppy included. And you know how much fun Zackie has with her."

This time with a much heavier sigh I put my hand over the receiver and turned to Will.

"You feel like partying tonight? The wedding has been planned for the most part and they want us there. She's got babysitters set up and Brenny Boy is back."

Will shrugged. "I wouldn't mind seeing everyone again. Besides, we're in the wedding party, it's kind of hard to avoid."

I nodded. "Okay Shelb's we'll be there."

"Great! We'll pick you up at eight."

I stopped her before I hung up. "Wait Shelb's, who's going to be there?"

She chuckled. "Everyone."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to be completely honest, so much of this story feels like it's being half assed.
And the sad part is I'm really not bothering with it, I'm so desperate for it to end.
I have no idea why...
Maybe because I've already replaced it with something younger and fresher.
I admit I've been listening to Fast Times since Wednesday (scream) and it's really inspired a new story, one I feel so much more confident in.
I'm praying by some miracle I can finish writing this story before school starts, so roughly a week.
I'm assuming it'll be somewhere between twenty-five and thirty parts based on chapter twenty I'm working on right now.
Once it's out of the way I'll be free to work on my new story, about William Beckett if you must know (big surprise).
He's the only guy that can keep my attention for longer than a oneshot, a sure bet I'll finish a story about him.
Oh and kudos to the amazing Moo-Mah (?) for being my hundredth comment!
And be happy Liz, plenty of Brenny goodness (and badness) is on the way.