‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 16

We had been at the party for close to two hours and in that time things had definitely escalated.

With the amount of drunk or buzzed people the music had gotten louder for sure, the dancing had gotten worse and far more X rated, and the room was steadily tilting to the right.

While watching I reached over and took a sip of Will's third Jack and coke.

"We could buy you your own you know." He stated since we had practically shared the last three drinks between each other.

"I know, but then I'd feel like one of those rich suburban moms who drops her kid off with some Spanish woman to go play tennis in the exclusive heath club and secretly drinks a bottle and a half of expensive merlot a day but no one realizes cause she's dropping her kid off with some Spanish woman to go play tennis at the exclusive health club and secretly drinks a bottle and a half..."

"Okay!" Will exclaimed, cutting me off my drunken rant.

He had only seen me this drunk once, but that was enough for him to learn how much of a lightweight I was.

All of our friends sitting with us at the booth watched me amusedly.

"I guess Lilly can't hold her liquor." Gabe slurred before slumping over onto Victoria's shoulder.

She patted his head with a laugh. "Gabe hasn’t partied in a while."

"Psht, I am the party Vicky!" He shot back, pointing his finger a little to the left of her head.

We all rolled our eyes in unison and returned to our previous conversations.

I turned to Will who stared down at me with slight concern but mostly amusement as he reached down and placed his hand on my cheek.

"You really can't hold your liquor." He laughed.

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "Fine, so I don't drink, sue me."

Will shook his head and drew me closer. "No Lilly, it's not a bad thing! Trust me, if you did we'd be the new Amy Winehouse and whoever the fuck her husband is."

"Well yeah... and I don't think I could get my hair to do the thing hers does." I sighed, patting my head.

With a laugh he drew my head up so our eyes met.

It may have been the look in his eye or the fact that I had had way too much to drink... either way I found myself in a tight lip lock with him.

I must have caught him by surprise but between his buzz and my inability to drink, we were quickly making out in the back of the booth.

Somehow I got pulled onto his lap and his hands steadily went higher up my thighs.

"Whoa, and I thought we were the ones that were supposed to be having fun." Shelby laughed, happening upon our booth.

I turned and glared, attempting to swing at her but we both knew I was feet away.

Suddenly I became very aware that my inhibitions had disappeared and I was liable to say any number of stupid drunk things that I would beyond regret in the morning.

With a sigh I got off of Will and out of the booth.

"I'm gonna go see if there's anything here that can help me sober up." I explained, wobbling a little on my heels.

They all waved to me, though I couldn’t help but note Will looked ready to follow me, out of protection or lust I wasn’t sure.

I passed a number of drunken couples doing worse than we had been doing and almost fell over a few times at the people who had run into me.

Eventually though I reached the sanctity of the solid counter and turned to the barman.

"I don't suppose there's any coffee back there."

He grinned. "Pete told me to start a pot a while ago in case you showed up."

I laughed and made a mental note to thank him later.

A moment later the bartender handed me a steaming cup while I sat back on the barstool on the abandoned, quieter side of the bar.

As I was taking a sip I noticed a familiar head of black hair slumped over on the counter.

"Brendon?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Today is a glorious day.
I bought Fast Times today (because I'm old school and a hardcore fan) AND I bought tickets to see The Academy Is...!
Plus since I'm in Santi's Little Helpers, I get to go to a meet and greet!
We're all praying I don't pass out when I meet them like Natalie would if she met Hayley.
But I've got Liz there to make up for Warped Tour (if this doesn't nothing will) and (hopefully) she'll catch me if that happens.
Other than that I'm ignoring my new WB story to focus on this now that it's gotten juicy; I was thinking about it the entire time I was working today.
Also, please go read my friend's story The Nobodies, and afterward the sequel the Scientist.
Don't fear, there's only like thirteen parts altogether, but they are a glorious thirteen parts.
Oh it's a good day, make it better and go read it?
Also I need a name for the main character's sister and probably her friend too, both girls, in my story, any suggestions?
Use your name or a random one, I'm totally burned out, but I'll make it worth your while if I pick it (or if your the only one that comments.)