‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 19

I had a dream that night.

Will and I were at the altar once more and just as we were pronounced husband and wife he took out a knife and stabbed me in the heart.

I didn’t even get a chance to get those few precious seconds of oblivious stupidity as I woke up remembering everything from the night before.

And for that I found myself waking up with tears in my eyes, not to mention bright sunlight.

So in an attempt to escape those memories I dragged myself out of bed to face the, what now looked like, very shitty day.

Those thoughts went out the window however as I walked into the kitchen to find Madi cooking and singing to Zackie in his car seat on the table.

Zackie.

I completely passed her and what looked like lunch and headed straight for my son.

"Oh honey." I cried, picking him up and holding him tightly.

He immediately started cooing in my arms as I savored the moment of holding my baby, my fears of never seeing him disappearing.

"Will came by this morning and dropped him off. Said he had some things he had to do." She explained, putting out a plate of spaghetti.

I sighed, the mere mention of Will sending another stab of pain in my figurative heart.

"What the hell am I going to do?" I asked Madi pathetically.

Between a mouthful of noodles she replied.

"Well I did some thinking and I think you should retrace your steps... starting with Brendon." She suggested. "I mean he's just as much involved in this and if we're going to fix this we need his help."

I had to admit in the state of things, that it sounded the most promising, especially since the odds were in my favor that he was talking to me.

"Okay... I guess that's a good place to start." I sighed, still holding Zackie close to my chest.

I decided to skip lunch since my appetite had deserted me long ago and focused on Zackie.

Will had left his baby bag here along with some baby food and a couple changes of clothes.

Well it was nice to see he at least still cared about Zackie even though the same couldn’t be said about his mother.

Once I had taken care of him I borrowed some of Madi's clothes since all I had was my dress from last night and made my way to Brendon's hotel, taking Zackie with me.

The guy in the lobby must've remembered me from last night since he let me up to Brendon's room with a sympathetic smile like he felt bad for me and him.

If only he knew...

After a few knocks on the door it swung open to reveal a very hung-over Brendon Urie looking a little worse for wear.

"Hey, this is a surprise." He chuckled.

"We’ve gotta talk." I muttered, breezing by him into the living room of his classy hotel room.

"You sound like someone died. What could've happened while I was passed out?" He laughed, flopping on the chair next to me.

I sighed and cradled Zackie in my arms.

"Well... everyone thinks we had sex, Will's locked me out of our apartment, and no ones talking to me and probably you too. Unless of course they manage to find a way to blame all of this on me." I muttered, only wondering how worse things could get.

Brendon let out a laugh.

"Nice joke Lilly. It's a poor way to cheer me up after my girlfriend broke up with me." He chuckled bitterly.

I threw the pillow next to me at his head, hitting him perfectly.

"Screw your girlfriend! My husband thinks I cheated on him with one of his best friends and none of my friends are on speaking terms with me when all I was doing was trying to be there for you! Do you understand how serious this is?" I fumed at him.

Brendon seemed taken aback by this but it all hit him and he sighed, burying his face in his hands.

"This is all my fault..." He murmured. "Fuck... this is so screwed up."

I nodded, feeling the same gravity of the situation.

We sat there for a few moments, just soaking in everything that had happened.

Neither of us had said anything when there came a knock on the door.

He looked up a little surprised and got up while I stayed where I sat, choosing to focus on Zackie instead of the situation.

I watched him glance through the peep hole in the door and signal quietly for me to go into the bedroom.

I shook my head but he wouldn’t have any of it.

"This is all my fault. You've suffered enough from this and I'd rather take the yelling for the both of us and sort this out."

I sighed and did what I was told, or signaled, savoring the small feeling of love in my heart knowing someone cared.

I heard the door open and a few familiar voices just as I got in there before I figured out whose they were.

Ryan and Shelby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I got a wonderful amount of comments from my last update and just had to post again.
I know I haven't said it in a while, since it probably goes unsaid, but I really do love all of you wonderful readers.
Really, hearing someone read all of SKMG in one night truly amazes me; not even I would do that and I wrote the monstrosity.
Plus all of you that not only stuck through SKMG but the sequel too (and the few of you I will thank later for inspiring the sequel), I'm still a little in shock you'd waste time on this.
I'm not fishing for compliments I swear, it really is just how I feel, though I'm naturally very hard on myself.
It wasn't till Liz mentioned on AIM last night that I had written 113 parts overall did it really hit me... wow.
Still, I'm really hoping I can finish the bulk of this by Monday, when school starts.
You know, Junior year, I can't spend most nights on the computer writing, I've got to 'focus on my future'.
Anyway, enough ranting... enjoy the rest of your summer if your like me starting on Monday, and I sympathize for you if you've already started school.
AH! I almost forgot!
This update is for Liz, since she is now officially fourteen!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ!!!