‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 22

I slowly got up off the edge of the bed and let my feet lead me to the small living room.

My mind still wouldn’t comprehend that William was standing right there, but my body had.

Still, some instinct told me to stop just at the doorway within sight of Will, like a one way mirror, and observe before acting.

Brendon was standing to the side with the door open, a miserable but determined looking William Beckett standing in the doorway, his eyes smoldering.

He didn’t say anything but I saw his fist clench at his side.

"Bill, I uh, I'm glad you’re here I've been trying to call you all day. We really need to talk." Brendon explained nervously, though trying to keep his voice bright like usual.

Will brushed past him into the room as I shrank back a little out of view.

He still refused to talk or sit down, using his height to intimidate Brendon in place of his obvious anger.

"So do you have a splitting headache like I do?" Brendon asked with the poor suggestion of a smirk playing at his lips.

The poker face of Will's didn’t crack as he stared down at his feet; his hands balled up so tight his knuckles were white.

"Is your headache that bad?" Brendon joked, becoming desperate.

The tension in the room was so thick I thought I would suffocate on it.

All of Brendon's attempts to lighten the mood were merely fanning the flames of Will's anger.

"You bastard." He muttered under his breath, almost like a hiss.

The hair rose on the back of my neck and I subconsciously withdrew further.

"Bill?" Brendon asked in a small voice.

"You fucking bastard... you had sex with my wife and here you are trying to joke with me?"

Brendon quickly began shaking his head.

"No, no Bill, please let me explain-"

"I don't want your pathetic excuses Brendon." Will spat angrily, glaring down at him. "I certainly don't think there's anything you can say after what happened last night."

From somewhere outside the bubble that had originated in the hotel, my phone began buzzing, but even Zackie stirring didn’t faze me.

Brendon was getting desperate, squirming under Will's fiery gaze.

For as much as I loved him, bitterness began seeping out, knowing he had no right to treat Brendon this way.

"You... I trusted you! You were my friend! How could you take advantage of my wife like that?" He fumed, taking a menacing step toward Brendon.

It was then Zackie, woken by the yelling, began whimpering from his bundle on the bed.

I ducked over to calm him just in time to hide from Will's searching gaze.

Even hidden where I was I could hear him talking hushed, questioning.

"Is that... that can't... I..." He had gone from furious to broken in a matter of seconds.

In those seconds I calmed the upset child and let him fall back asleep on the bed.

William was no fool, he'd know the sound of his crying son in a crowd of screaming girls (a true event from touring) and there was no pretending I wasn’t here.

That’s what made it so hard for me to take the few steps to the doorway, knowing I'd lost the element of surprise and for that only looked guiltier.

"Will." I murmured, walking into the living room.

It was one thing seeing him while I was hiding myself but up close I could see how miserable he was, the bags under his red rimmed eyes were only the beginning.

"Lilly?" He whispered, painfully soft and opposing his earlier mood.

I took a deep breath and a step forward.

"We need to talk." I murmured, unable to keep any tone but sadness out of my voice upon seeing him.

It was one thing to imagine him in my mind miserable, but in real life it hurt even more.

I probably should've schooled my voice better for his sake since his expression went even more painful, something I never thought possible.

"Oh..." He said in a small voice. "Then uh... I guess I'll just leave you and Brendon to each other. All I want is for you to be happy."

My heart shattered right there as the pieces of the love of my life walked toward the door and slipped out.

I was in shock to say the least.

It wasn’t till half a minute later everything came rushing at me like freight train and I bolted, muttering about how stupid I was under my breath.

My feet led me down the hallway faster than I ever though I could, but not fast enough as I arrived just in time to see the doors shut and the lone tear trailing down William's pale cheek.

True Will had taken the lone elevator but that wasn’t going to stop me, neither was my irrational fear of tripping up on stairs.

Despite that I thundered down the stairs, skipping steps and sliding down the railing wherever possible.

By the time I burst into the lobby, Will was walking dazedly through the revolving doors.

"Will!" I cried, despite the echo or the employees giving me the evil eye.

He was too far away, either physically or emotionally, to hear me as he continued walking.

So I continued, out of breath by this point, running across the fancy tiled floor, my Converse scuffing and squeaking.

It was cold outside as I stopped for a moment, catching my breath and to find Will.

It seemed like it was just mistake after mistake and I prayed this was the last of them so that I could hopefully fix them.

In just timing I caught sight of Will a few feet away crossing the street.

He was scuffing his shoes, his hands in his pockets with his gaze focused on the grey concrete of the street

My blood froze as I saw the car coming, a red import drawing closer and closer just as unaware as Will was.

I moved without thinking.

The breaks squealed, the car inched slower going from thirty to zero, and there was a dull thump on the concrete as Will body hit it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't bother with murder threats, my school has a better chance of carrying them out.
There's really only one other thing from TAI that would make me overcome my exhaustion to update... can you guess?
Okay, okay, it's Barfalicious (big suprise, I love her to death)... but with a hint of TAI.
Before I can get to my point I have to gush, I'm so happy/stunned/wowed that TAI took a picture of the bag she gave them and posted it too!
It's great to know they've realized how kickass she and talk.is.cheap. are
(though we've all known it all along)!
Also, as per a request I simply couldn't deny, Barfalicious is very very very sorry she hasn't updated but will as soon as she can.
She's in college though, so give her some credit for at least leaving a promise of future updates unlike some other writers.
This brings me to my own situation.
I didn't realize how taxing school was going to be till today, and with only a few more parts left and being stuck on one of them I can't make any of my own promises for when I might update.
Could be tomorrow, could be Saturday... but I love all you amazing readers so much so I will put in as much effort as I can spare into the rest of this story.
After that I hope to get my next story up... September/October-ish (at least before I see TAI).
Well I'm off to sleep... or write... or work, I haven't quite figured that out yet.
Please leave comments if you can, you have no idea how happy you make me just seeing that little notification (more than seeing a new TAI TV or William blog) and it reminds me what it's worth to keep writing.