‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 25

Will was released from the hospital the next day complete with painkillers and a persistent headache.

With all of my drama going on I had nearly forgot the wedding was two days away.

They were still doing the final touch ups in planning, something I couldn’t partake in as Will and I had holed ourselves up in our apartment sorting everything out under the excuse he was resting.

Shelby and Ryan completely understood, and even encouraged it, but the same couldn't be said for her sisters who enjoyed looking down and whispering about the invisible Maid of Honor.

While Shelby couldn’t exactly deal with them, Jamie had no problem tearing into them for the high class bitches they were (her words not mine).

Nevertheless it didn’t bother me; I was too happy with my life at the moment to care.

I thought over these things as I cooked lunch, chicken tenders and fries, listening to William talking to Zackie in the living room.

It took me a moment to realize just what they were watching till I heard the theme song.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

"See Zackie, that's Shake. He's a complete idiot; you'll find a lot of people like him when you get older."

I chuckled, hearing a giggle from the baby as the talking Shake insulted Carl.

"And that's Frylock, he's smart and shoots laser beams from his eyes. You can learn a lot from him." Will explained.

Already I could tell Will was going to be the kind of father mine was to me, immersing their kids in the gems of pop culture.

I stuck my head out from the kitchen to add my own comments.

"You forgot to explain Meatwad and how there are even more people like that in the world than Shake." I grinned.

Will matched my smile. "I hope he appreciates this valuable lesson someday when he's cooler than the rest of his classmates."

I rolled my eyes.

"I think the fact his dad is famous and his 'uncles' are equally so just might overshadow that."

He nodded thoughtfully, stroking a nonexistent beard. "You may be on to something there."

A moment later I walked out of the kitchen with the food; Will was already devouring it with his eyes.

"If you couldn’t cook we'd be screwed." He said between bites.

I laughed and picked up the baby bottle to feed Zackie.

Before I could Will took it from my hands.

"No, let me." He murmured, instantly forgetting his food for the baby.

I watched curiously as he intently fed him.

"Who are you and what have you done with my husband?" I joked.

Will shrugged, a small smile playing on his lips.

"It takes a near death experience to show you what really matters in life." He explained, pausing briefly to press a small kiss to my cheek.

I couldn’t hide the blush creeping up my cheeks just with that one moment of contact.

"So I've got news." Will said out of the blue."

"Oh?"

He nodded, watching Zackie's eyes half lid.

"I talked to the owners of the house and they said we can move in, hoping all goes well, in two weeks."

I grinned and slipped onto the couch in the spot next to William.

My grin disappeared as I came to a realization.

"Aw... damn... we'll have to pack everything up." I muttered, looking around the room at all of our stuff.

He chuckled and put his head on my shoulder as he was otherwise occupied.

"It won't be so bad. Sure we own a lot of stuff but we can get some friends to help and... oh." He trailed off knowingly.

"Yeah, oh. I swear to you if Fall Out Boy moves our stuff Pete is a dead man."

Will laughed and placed another kiss on my jaw, then on my lips.

"We'll figure something out. After all, we do know a lot of people." He grinned.

I nodded, interrupted by scratching at the door.

"Uh, I think Zepp needs to go out." I said, motioning toward the whining dog.

He chuckled once more and shifted Zackie into the crook of his arm. "Feel up for a family outing?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shouldn't I be asking you oh pathetic accident victim?"

He ruffled my hair and got up.

"I want to enjoy as much family time as I can here, where it all started." He explained, sliding his arm around my waist and drawing me closer.

I giggled. "Getting sentimental on me Will?"

He gave me a look, that look, where he knew I felt the same, despite the joking.

"Alright, so let's get going. We've got memories to savor."
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy September!
Okay, so there are five parts left and I'm in a bit of a conundrum...
I don't know what to do after this.
The story that I've been mentioning for a while might fall through, or at least I haven't been focusing on it, and I can't not post.
I'm trying to focus on my long ignored Brendon Urie story, so that maybe I can finish all my stories, but I don't feel whole without a TAI story going on...
So I think I'll leave it up to you.
I've got three possible TAI stories (where William is the love interest of course) and I think I'll post excerpts or summaries in a journal and I guess vote on which you want to read more?
I might throw in a couple of non TAI stories I've abandoned, so look for it, or wait for me to post again to let you know...
Oh and sorry for the filler, but don't think everything goes perfectly from here, so don't abandon this!