‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 26

"Now be very quiwet, we're hunting wabbit." Jamie whispered, putting her finger to her lips as she overdramatically made her way to Shelby's door.

Once she was in position she motioned for Madi, Sarah, Victoria and I to follow her.

A moment later we had bust through the hotel room door.

"Shelby! In the name of all that is holy and sacred we are here for your bachelorette party. Any form of resistance will result in us tackling you down and... and... doing something very very naughty. Right Lilly?" Jamie asked shakily after she fumbled over her threat.

"Right." I nodded. "We'll let The Butcher play in your unmentionables."

"You wouldn't." She growled from under the comforter of her bed.

"We would, if you don’t cooperate." Vicky-T replied with a menacing smirk.

Even her sister Sarah, the Nazi, went along with us.

"Yeah, we'll only let you drink Shirley Temple's all night." She giggled as we all exchanged looks.

She was showing room for improvement.

I patted her back as Madi and Jamie dragged Shelby out of bed.

"Wait, what about Ryan?"

Victoria smirked. "The boys are taking care of him."

After a few minutes we had gotten Shelby sufficiently dressed in her Britney Spears-esque track suit with the matching sash embroidered with 'Bride To Be'.

"So where are we going?" She asked, suddenly very excited.

"In that." Madi answered, pointing at the stretch limo in front of us (we had taken a page out of Scrubs.)

Needless to say she let out a girly scream and went running toward the limo, obviously wanting to get to the sun roof and liquor cabinet, as she showed a moment later when she stuck her head out holding a rum and coke.

I still don't know where the little umbrella in her drink came from.

"So what are we doing?" She asked excitedly.

Jamie and I grinned. "Mani Pedi's and then we go to a club. Sound good?"

She nodded happily.

I was still a little iffy on the club after what happened this week, but if Will could trust me, than I could do the same.

I was certain by now Gabe had dragged them all to a strip club.

"Lilly I know what you're doing. Focus more on the nail polish and less on the hubbie." Madi nudged as the woman worked on her pedicure.

I sighed and nodded, doing as she said.

I did the same when the woman doing my hands asked me to remove my jewelry, wedding ring and engagement ring included.

Once they were safely secured in my pocket I reaffixed my state of mind into the girl's night.

Drinking champagne and being waited on suited Shelby as every once in a while a sigh of contentment slipped out.

After an hour of us all getting done up, not only our nails but also our make-up and hair, we were ready to hit the town.

Everyone was a little buzzed, with the exception of Madi who was the designated driver, fake i.d. and all, as we wandered into a nearby club.

We didn’t stand much of a chance with only Victoria and Sarah eligible, Jamie and I being married mom's, Shelby on her way there, and Madi not even legal to drink.

I understood now why the sister in Knocked Up went out partying even in her similar state; it was the reclaiming of lost youth and memories.

Though if Shelby heard me talking like that she'd probably hit me.

We all found a booth in the back and ordered our drinks, the brightest and fruitiest we could find.

Three drinks in and I was having déjà vu and couldn’t stop giggling.

"Hey, I'm going to go get more drinks." I grinned, a slight hop in my steps as I walked up.

The bartender rose an eyebrow as I appeared at the counter.

"One apple martini please." I requested with the charm I put on when I wanted something from strangers.

It seemed to work as he quickly got to making the fluorescent green drinks.

I was so entranced in watching him I didn’t notice someone walk up next to me.

"Not much of a drinker?" The man asked, nodding to my obviously girly drink.

"No, not really." I murmured, trying to brush him off.

"Maybe I could buy you something with a little more punch?" He asked hopefully.

I shook my head apologetically.

"Sorry, I'm married."

He rolled his eyes, not buying the truth.

"I don't see a ring." He observed.

I slipped my hand into my jeans and pulled them both out. "I was getting a manicure earlier, see?"

He looked over my wedding and engagement ring with a mixture of curiosity and embarrassment.

I was thankful a moment later when he left, muttering under his breath to himself about married women in bars.

Thank god I hadn't told him I had a baby too.

Once I got my drink I quickly ran back to the table to recount my story to the others.

"Wow... I'm glad I'm getting married tomorrow..." Shelby murmured somewhat soberly. "The dating game sucks."
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't like this part and I will fully admit it's a crappy filler, but I had to write a bachelorette part... can you tell it's forced?
Anyway, I put up the journal so please go comment it!
Also, I'm not posting tomorrow unless something comes up.
Other than that... four parts left!
Oh, I'm one comment away from 200, so... I guess whoever is the two-hundredth... I'll send them the next part tomorrow (the wedding part, super juicy) a day before anyone else!
*sits back and twiddles thumbs*