‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 29

"Ryan and Shelby owe us."

I nodded. "Big."

We all nodded in agreement from over our respective glasses of wine.

"I still can't believe her sister tried throwing her shoe at me. Her shoe!" I shuddered, thinking of the close call.

Will laughed, remembering it all too well.

Pandemonium was an understatement to say the least.

I suppose the upscale event was supposed to be the wedding of the year, but that kind of went to shit when it got cancelled.

Of course Shelby's uber rich, high class parents would be mad about it, but I never thought they'd be mad enough to try and hit me, the bearer of bad news, with her mother's very heavy purse.

If it was possible I loved William even more, not just for blocking the hit but for the faint bruise forming on his cheek.

"This is reason I don't deal with high class people. They're wound so tight. Seriously where do you think they get all those diamonds? It's from the little lumps of coal they shove up..." Pete trailed off, seeing the captivation he held over all the children around him, including his own. "...their chimneys."

We laughed but fell into a silence after that, enjoying the company of our friends and loved ones.

It was broken a moment later by my cell phone ringing.

I opened it to see the picture brightly lit up on my screen, bringing a smile to my face.

Happily I turned to show everyone the picture of Ryan and Shelby in Las Vegas, hugging each other together in front of the Little White Chapel.

"Mission accomplished." Pete grinned.

We all nodded in agreement, sighing in contentment.

After the chaos and uproar that had followed after I informed the guests there would be no wedding this was a blessing.

Not all of it was terrible though as the rest of our friends not in the wedding party joined us at the abandoned reception.

It was the collective theory that perfectly good food and alcohol should not go wasted when it was being paid for by someone else.

So here we sat, leaning back in our chairs (or into your husband's chest if you were stuck sitting in his lap like me) reminiscing and enjoying life.

And it was true, we were enjoying life.

We were a bunch of twenty-something's with the best jobs in the world, with the best people in the world.

I watched as my sister had a deep discussion with Brendon, both of them laughing and smiling.

It was different from how she had been with Sisky; there was more love and less lust.

Knowing my sister was on her way out of heartbreak and back into the world of love only made the day better.

It really was a day for love, a day for beginnings.

Aside from our friends eloping in Las Vegas, Will and I were also moving to our new house soon.

We were starting our lives again too, a fresh start with our son and dog.

The American dream.

Even then looking down at the baby in the cradle on the seat next to me made the future look brighter.

Despite what may happen I knew things would be okay, no matter what life my throw at us.

And then I looked up at William, his arms wrapped tightly around me as if he was afraid he'd lose me.

We had been through so much since the very beginning.

That bad blind date started this all...

Our first date felt like so long ago, even the fiasco of telling William about Zackie.

I remembered it all, all the events in the past two years.

I had avoided commitment with Will for so long, but by some miracle he never left, almost like he knew we were meant to be together.

I supposed he was the rational one in the relationship.

If someone had asked me where I thought I'd be in three years two years ago, never would I had said this, never would I believed it either if someone told me.

Life works strangely like that, giving you the things you'd never expect.

It's not supposed to be a fairy tale where the boy and the girl fall in love and live happily ever after...

But that's exactly how I knew we'd live it.
♠ ♠ ♠
ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT!!!
And dude, did you see the new TAI TV? IN JAPAN!!!
So good...
Oh and I have some news... I've finally become that kid in high school reading comic books behind their books in the back of class.
But on the bright side The Watchmen is one of the best things I've ever read, HIGHLY suggest it if you haven't already taken Gerard Way up on his recommendation.
As a side note, I wanted to thank all of you wonderfully beatiful people who replied to help me, it really meant a lot to me, brought happy tears to my eyes, and made me realize how many of us have been scorned by love, platonic and romantic.
I'm giving you all an internet bear hug right now.
Also, this is dedicated to Julie because her problems make mine lesser in comparison and this is the closest thing I can do to give her a hug and tell her everything will be alright.
*hug* It'll be alright.
And tell me if this came out right, I was writing it with two giggling girls behind me and Johnny Depp on TV, all very valid distractions.