‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 4

It took me fifteen minutes to get a cab and get across town to my old apartment.

Ever since we left Madi had been living alone and by the sound of her voicemail things weren't good.

I became extremely grateful for the months I had spent running around tour, helping me shed my baby weight and get in shape, and making it easier to run up the flights of stairs to the apartment.

It wasn’t till I was at the door did I remember there was an elevator, but it was too late for that.

I couldn’t even wait for Madi to get to the door as I grabbed the spare key from on top of the doorframe and walked in.

"Madi?" I called nervously.

"In here." She choked from my, now her bedroom.

Hearing my sister's voice laced with tears and sadness I rushed quicker into her room, finding it oddly familiar to the times I cried over Will.

In the dim room she lay curled up under the comfort of her blanket.

"Madi what happened sweetie?"

Sniffling slightly she turned toward me, her eyes puffy and her cheeks stained with tears.

"Sisky broke up with me." She whispered.

"Oh sweetie." I murmured, pulling her into my arms.

"He came here as soon as he got in town and said we should see other people." She sobbed.

I shushed her like mom would and rocked her back and forth softly in my arms.

In a way it paid to be a big sister and mom, knowing how to do both at the same time and comfort my little sister.

It hurt seeing her hurting, and deep down I wanted Sisky to feel her pain.

Maybe it was the Shelby that had rubbed off on me for all these years, but I had to save it for later and focus on Madi.

So I let her cry into my shoulder for close to an hour until the sobs turned to sniffs.

When she finally pulled away the sun was dipping down into the west.

I suppose she had every reason to cry.

Her and Sisky had been going out almost as long as Will and I had been married.

Apparently he didn’t even give her a reason, not that I could offer any either; he hadn’t hinted at anything and I had been with him for the past two and a half months.

Still, I decided once my left arm had fallen asleep with my leg that enough was enough.

"Alright Madi, no more moping in bed." I stated, getting up.

She looked up with tears still shining in her eyes.

"What?"

I pushed the bangs away from her eyes a kissed her forehead.

"I'm not letting you waste away hurting over Adam T. Siska okay?" I said, pulling her up.

She nodded miserably, wiping away at her nose and the last of her tears.

"What do you have in mind?"

"It's a surprise." I grinned. "Now we'll get you dressed, do your makeup, and get a heads start on all that healing process crap."

Madi mustered a faltering smile through her puffy eyes and caught me by surprise by throwing her arms around me again.

"You’re the best big sister in the world Lilly, thank you."

I laughed and held her just as tight.

"It's what big sisters are for kid." I smiled, ruffling her hair fondly. "Now come on, let's get going."

-x-x-x-

A few hours later and I tiredly walked into the apartment after dropping Madi off.

My feet hurt and all I wanted was to go to sleep, but I couldn’t after I'd left my boys at home this long with an empty fridge.

So kicking off the heels I borrowed from Madi, I plopped the pizza I had picked up onto the counter.

"Will?"

No answer.

Curiously I wandered into the living room, almost laughing at the site I came upon.

Will was sprawled out on the couch, his legs dangling over the armrest, with Zackie asleep on his chest.

I attempted to quietly walk out, not wanting to wake them up when Will cracked a bloodshot eye open.

"I smell food."

With a smile I nodded and pointed at the pizza on the table.

A grin slipped onto his face and he gently moved Zackie into his arms.

"There's nothing better than spending your first night back in Chicago eating a genuine Chicago pizza." He sighed, sauntering over to me.

I nodded, stepping back so he could get to the food.

"So what was up with Madi?" He asked, his lips hovering over the supreme pizza.

"Sisky broke up with her and I had to do damage control." I explained. "Problem is now I want to kill Sisky."

Will's eyes softened, an effect ruined by half the slice he had shoved into his mouth.

I shrugged with a sigh and watched Will balance between eating pizza and holding Zackie.

It may have been caring for Madi and watching the demise of her relationship that made me so thankful of what I had.

I had everything we were taught to strive for at a young age; a husband, a child, and for all intensive purposes a career.

At a young age I was out of the dating game and rat race and into a whole other category.

While a part of me would’ve seen this as an end to something, I couldn’t help but feel utterly happy.

"Lilly?" Will asked, successfully managing to shove an entire slice into his mouth.

I smiled and replied by pressing my lips against his.

"I love you." I sighed.

Will seemed a little surprised but used his remaining free arm to wrap it around me.

"I love you too." He said with his mouth full.

I laughed a little and snuggled into his chest.

It may have been a little early in my life to have it all, but in Will's arms, or arm, I wouldn't have it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just had the best night of my life, and it happened to be at the best show I've ever been to, Phantom Planet.
I tried writing as much as I could about the show in a journal cause it was such a night out of fan fiction... I mean I was baby-sat by rockstars!
Anyway I started something on my page where I'm whoring out some stories I really like or by my friends and if you want to read a good story there's pretty much something there for everyone.
And if you want me to put your story up there just ask me and I'll go read your story.
My mind is still on what happened tonight and how fucking amazing it was (thank you Liz for dragging me with you) and I really can't focus on much else because I'm playing the CD right now so... enjoy I guess?
It'll get better soon.