‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 7

The next day Shelby had made plans to scour Chicago for a wedding dress.

She was recruiting Jamie and me since she really couldn’t take Ryan with her and Brendon wasn't in town yet.

Apparently he and her went on several shopping excursions, who knew B-den had an eye for fashion?

I almost laughed though at the image of Ryan, Mike, and Will when I left, sprawled out on the couch with the babies in the middle of their laziness.

"Lilly! Lilly focus!" Shelby exclaimed, stomping her foot under all the white fluff.

It must've been her twentieth dress in this store alone.

"Now, does this dress make my boobs look small, or my thighs huge?"

I sighed. "Shelby honey, you're boobs look huge and even though you can't see them under all that tulle, you're thighs are so small Kirsten Dunst is jealous."

She smiled and batted her eyelashes. "I knew there was a reason you're my best friend."

I laughed and pulled myself off the stereotypical husband's chair outside the waiting room.

"Then as you're best friend I must tell you you're gorgeous but that dress looks like shit."

Shelby hung her head and nodded. "Yeah... it always looks better on the mannequin."

Right on time Jamie came running up with five more dresses. "Have no fear Shelb's, I brought more!"

Her expression brightened and she attempted a skip back toward the dressing rooms with the new dresses.

Jamie flopped on top of me in the chair. "Remind me to kill Natalie when she gets back from Europe."

I nodded. "I'll help, it's not fair she gets to go on vacation with Patrick the same time Shelby starts becoming Bridezilla."

We both sat there staring off at the hundreds of dresses that surrounded us.

I think both of us had the same thought, Jamie was just the first to vocalize it.

"You know, neither of us got to wear proper wedding dresses to our weddings..."

"And I'm sure Shelby wouldn’t mind if we tried a few on, she spends like fifteen minutes on each dress anyway." I mused, getting up with Jamie.

We both grabbed a few promising looking dresses and got into the dressing rooms on either side of Shelby.

"Hey hon, we're trying on dresses with you." I yelled over the stall.

She replied with a muffle, some fabric rustling, and a thump; Shelby for yes.

This was the part of engagement I missed, going out to try on wedding dresses with my friends.

The one I was trying on now was one of those formfitting dresses that flared out slightly at the bottom.

They always reminded me of the kind of dress some sex fiend, sultry eyed woman would wear with matching fake breasts and hair.

"Lilly, you ready to come out?"

"Yep." I replied, opening the door with a flourish.

We were three best friends who exchanged our skinny jeans and Chuck's for expensive white dresses.

It made me wonder out of all the shit we'd pulled before, why we'd never done this.

Oh right... because we wore skinny jeans and Chuck's and not expensive white dresses.

Still, it didn't stop us from trying on several more.

By probably the seventh dress I looked in the mirror, and I mean really looked.

This dress was gorgeous.

I stepped out of the dressing room to find Jamie and Shelby both gazing in adoration at their reflections.

"So you found the perfect dresses too?" I asked with a laugh.

They nodded and we all turned to look at Shelby, realizing that see had found the perfect man and now the perfect dress.

"It's the one." She murmured with a dreamy smile, smoothing the fabric out in her hands.

We both nodded, sharing sappy smiles perfectly honed off years of watching Lifetime in our pajamas.

She wiped away the few tears that slipped out, turning toward Jamie and I with her hands on her hips.

"Okay, now what about you two?"

We both looked at each other nervously. "What do you mean?"

Shelby sighed. "Well clearly we have to show off your hotness to your hubbies and-"

She stopped mid sentence with a look on her face that was only missing a light bulb above her head.

I did my best not to laugh as she stuck her hand in her cleavage and pulled out her cell phone.

"I should've known." I laughed as she began hitting buttons.

"Okay, look sexy!" She exclaimed with a click a moment later.

The picture must've turned out well despite our surprise since she hit a few more buttons shoved the small piece of metal back into her bra.

It was moments like that that almost scared me but renewed my faith in Shelby.

If anyone could plan a wedding in a month, it was her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of rushed this one a little but once it's done I pretty much leave it as is.
And anyway, thank Barfalicious for the update since she asked and I wuvvles her so.
Sadly though my writer's block came back, topped off with nice hefty allergies I think.
I look like a junkie with all the times I'm rubbing my nose.
But on the brightside *sneeze* the part I'm working on is just hop skip and jump away from what I've already written which'll lead to the eventual end.
Yeah... I actually have a direction for this story, it's scary.
Scarier still is I go back to school in twenty-seven days; I don't wanna go!!!