‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 8

After our long day of shopping Shelby, Jamie, and I finally made it back to the apartment, not sure what state we'd find my home in.

As we opened the door we found out.

The three boys we had left somehow multiplied in the hours that passed to six with the addition of The Butcher, Spencer, and a one Pete Wentz.

"Well hello boys." Shelby exclaimed, dropping her purse on the table.

All six heads turned from the TV to us.

I couldn’t help it as I started laughing seeing Will with a Frito half in his mouth, looking up at me like a deer in headlights.

Mike had a similar look on his face as he held his beer aloft, floating inches from his lips.

It was Ryan that broke the spell, cracking one of his infamous grins and jumping off the couch.

"Shelby!" He exclaimed, scooping her up in his arms.

I didn’t stay to watch them as I wandered over to Will, settling into Ryan's abandoned spot next to him.

Will smiled and pressed a quick kiss to my temple before returning his attention to Halo with the rest of the guys.

"Where's Zackie?" I asked, weeding a can of coke out from the waters and beers.

"Taking a nap with Zoe." He replied, attempting to kill the Butcher.

I laughed as I saw what he was doing, catching his attention.

"The Butcher just won't fucking die." He muttered with a laugh.

"Well be careful hon, you kill him and you've got to replace him."

Will grinned and pecked me on the lips. "Its okay babe, we'll just get Andy from Fall Out Boy."

Pete looked up at this. "You're gonna steal our drummer?"

"More like commandeer." Will muttered, shooting the Butcher into little bits.

Ryan appeared just then with Shelby and I pushed Will over to make room for them.

"So how's the wedding so far?" Jamie asked, slipping on Mike's lap.

"We've got the dress... that just leaves everything else." Shelby sighed.

"At least you've got most the bridal party here, including maid of honor and best man." I said, nodding over at Spencer who was stroking his beard.

"Yeah but we're still waiting on Natalie to get back from Europe, Madi's still in school, and my sister isn't flying in till next week." Shelby explained.

"Plus Jon and Brendon are off doing who knows what." Ryan added about his two other groomsmen.

I sighed. "Well now you're just being pessimistic. It'll all be worked out even without them; you just need a master list of what you need to do."

Shelby nodded and a grin slipped on her face. "That's why you're my maid of honor."

The sweet moment we were having was ruined by Pete letting out an exaggerated yawn sigh combination.

"Wow you people are boring. All you go on about are weddings and babies and weddings and babies." Pete exclaimed.

His hypocritical outburst was met with several pillows thrown at him, including a shoe from The Butcher.

"What?" He asked when we all turned to him. "It was Spencer's idea!"

Spencer scoffed. "Yeah blame it on the guy with the beard."

"It was your shoe!" The Butcher shot back, pointing his finger down at his missing shoe.

Spencer thoughtfully began stroking his beard. "Touché."

I laughed and leaned nearer to Will, letting him pull me closer and into his arms.

"So are you going to feed us?" Pete asked, pouting a little.

With a sigh Jamie answered him. "You're a big boy Pete, I'm sure we could stick you on the street and you could fend for yourself."

Pete gasped, holding his hand to his chest.

"Jamie, how could you think of leaving me alone out there? With this bod? They'd pass me around like currency!" He exclaimed, holding himself close.

Ryan rolled my eyes. "It's not prison Pete, it's just Chicago. The worst they'd do is sell you to the highest bidder and by then we'd have told Ashlee. I just hope she loves you enough to save you."

"She loves me!" Pete shot back indignantly.

When no one said anything he began to panic.

Shelby was the first one to sigh and step in to fix what they had started. "She loves you, and we'll get food, no worries."

"Pizza?" The Butcher asked.

Will nodded. "Pizza."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm feeling really happy and just had to update.
My best friend got back into town a few days ago after he's been gone for like two months.
I got woken up under false pretenses while I slept late cause I was sick and went to see who had come to see me and it was him!
I'm still a little freaked out he can drive now but I'm not complaining if he'll give me a ride.
It's nice though to have a guy friend like him that even when your sick and in baggy sweats and band tee (no bra included) that he'll still hug you like there's no tomorrow.
(To show how awesome he is he's the one that got me my infamously awesome Gir slippers.)
So I'm very happy right now, and happier knowing my other Santi best friend Emily finally came back from Utah today.
I'll kidnap her later.
So yeah, it's an all in all happy best friend day and I really want this feeling to last... but there's always tomorrow.