Billie Jo

Goodbye Billie Jo

A girl and Boy of about 17 or 18 are sitting on a park beach in Rodeo, California. In the arms of the girl there is a little baby, their baby.

“Jo you can’t do this to me… you can’t just tell me that I have a baby girl and say that I can never see her again!... you can’t take her away from me! I won’t let you!” the boy, who’s name was Billie Joe, Yelled.

I can, and I will, I’m sorry Billie but you can’t look after her, your never here and you most certainly can’t take her on tour with you I will not have my baby traveling around the country with a bunch of drugged put teenagers in a book mobile!!” Jo replied back trying to remain calm.

“Then why did you tell me if your never going to let me see her again, what was the point!! I….” He trailed off as he began to sob.

“Billie Joe, I told you because you have the right to know.”

“Oh so I had the right to know but I don’t have to right to see her!! Just leave please I never want to see you again”

“Fine if that’s what you want, I’ll leave”

“Yes it’s want I want” He said as Jo got up to go, “but could I say good bye to my first born before you go?”

“I guess it’s only fair” She handed the gorgeous green eyed baby over to her father.

Billie Joe looked into the babies eyes and felt his start to water, “Hey little one, I know you can’t understand me but I just wanted to say that know matter what I’ll always love you even if I never see you again… I just want you to remember that, ok?”

“Billie Joe we have to go our plane leaves in 2 hours and I still haven’t finished packing”

“You’re leaving, where are you going?”

“We’re going to live with my mother back in Australia”

“Oh...Ok” He said looking back at his baby daughter that he will probably never see again, “ I guess this is good bye little one, I’m going to miss you” he gently kisses her on her forehead and passed her over to her mother that was going to get to see her grow up.

“Bye Billie Joe” Jo said before she turned and walked out of his live forever.

He watched as the love of his life got carried away from him, “Good Bye Billie Jo” He whispered……