The Clique

Disney Seniority and All That

I flicked my recently darkened hair out of my eyes and shot a half smile at the dozens of flashing camera bulbs. The red carpet was packed for the premier of The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, the latest disney channel movie based on the award winning novel by Avi.

"Marcella! Marcella!" I strode over to the reported, smiled at him again, and extended my hand.

"Hi!" I exclaimed. The reporter briefly took my hand before shoving his microphone in my face.

"How was it working with Kevin Jonas?" Kevin Jonas, despite being just a few years older then me, played the murderous Captain Jaggery in the film.

"Oh it was great! He's an amazing guy and a brillaint actor. Obviously since he plays such a vicious role and is such a sweetheart in real life." I gushed. I nearly choked on the sugar dripping off my tounge.

"Same to you, dollface." A voice said as a friendly arm was draped over my shoulder. I smiled up at Kevin. I wasn't just saying the nice things about him for the good publicity. We had become pretty good friends in the two months of filming since we were only 4 years apart.

"Kevin! What was it like to be away from your brothers for so long?" The minute Kevin had walked up, the reporters attention had turned from me to him. Disney seniority and all that. Kevin took it in stride and smiled, dropping his arm from my shoulders. Can't have any nasty rumors circulating about us, now can we?

"Well, I'm 23 and while my brothers are my best friends, I think it was important to take some time apart and concentrate on building myself as more then just a Jonas Brother, you know?" Kevin replied.

"So the rumors are true? You're leaving your family's band?" Kevin chuckled.

"Of course not! I think the other boys needed a break from touring, too. Our third album comes out in about 2 months and we'll do another tour promoting it. I'm still a Jonas Brother at heart, couldn't change that if I wanted to." Kevin responded strategically.

"Miss Martini? It's time to close the doors." A theatre staff member whispered in my ear.

"Thank you," I turned back to the reporter, "It looks like we need to go inside, thanks so much for coming out." The reporter nodded, the photographer snapped a few more pictures of of us, and then Kevin and I walked into the cinema. Upon closing and locking the doors behind us, Kevin and I collapsed against the heavy metal.

"Jesus Christ, that was crazy." I grumbled, resting my head on the cool door. Kevin laughed.

"You get used to it. We have to do the whole damn thing again next week in New York." I groaned. Since the book was about the venture of an English girl, the premier was taking place in London, England. However, since Disney was based in America, another premier was next week in New York City.

"Maybe we should use our lovely accents next week, Mr. Jonas" I responded, donning the British drawl we had been forced to adopt, being the only 2 non english members of the cast. Kevin rolled his eyes.

"Fuck that. I couldn't stop for a week." Kevin groaned, taking my elbow and pulling me off the door and over to a group of people standing near the theatre enterance. "There's my family. Let's go, I want to introduce you. Hey guys!" The two boys turned towards us.

"Kev! I'm ready to hear this aweful accent you've been talking about." One of them, who looked about my age, laughed, shaking his curly mop of hair. I recognized him instantly, Nick Jonas. Kevin rolled his eyes.

"After this movie, never again. Where's Selena?" He asked, referring to Nick's girlfriend of the past year.

"Couldn't make this one. She said she'll be at the New York showing next week though." Nick replied.

"And who is this?" The other brother, Joe, interjected into the conversation. I looked up to find him staring directly at me. I felt my face warm slightly as I fought to keep the blush from my cheeks.

"Joe, don't play studid, you know who she is. Marcella Martini." Kevin answered, giving his brother a dirty look. Joe smiled that intoxicating smile that sent little girls swooning and extended his hand to me.

"Pleasure to meet you, Marcella." He said smoothly. I laughed lightly and took his hand.

"It's Marc, and the pleasure's all mine." I replied. His hand was big, but mine fit perfectly in it. Like puzzle pieces.

"Joe, leave my costar alone." Kevin said in a low voice, giving Joe a warning glance. Joe just smirked in return.

"Come on, Kev. You've had 2 months with her, now let us have a turn getting to know the girl who's become your new best friend in the matter of weeks." I shot a grin at Kevin, who had obviously referred to me as his best friend to his brothers. I knew I saw him as one of my absolute best friends, it was nice to know he reciprocated the feelings. The lights flickered, telling us the movie was about to being, and we all moved to enter the theatre. Kevin gave me an apologetic look for his brother's behavior, but as Joe placed my hand in the crook of his elbow and rested his on top, I can tell you there was absolute nothing to apologize for. Absolutely nothing at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just the beginning =)

there will probably be one more chapter and then the New York premier and then all the other grls will come in

Comments please =)

<3 CC