Sequel: I Won't Fear Love.

Bleeding Heart

I need sugar!

"Dante! You big fool, get your but up! Now! Mom is going to kill you if you're late for work, again!" I shook my brother violently, trying to wake his sleeping form. "Danteeee!" I whined. I was tired, and him not waking up is just making me angry. "Fine, you want to play it that way." I got up on his bed and started to jump. I heard him groan.

"Alright! Mari! I'm up! God!" He said as he threw his pillow at me.

"Don't pull that shit when I'm the one who hasn't slept well for the past week, working my ass off so we don't get evicted! Now, up!" I got off the bed and pulled his arm. He fell off the bed with protest.

"Holy shit, it's freezing!" He jumped up and grabbed his blanket.

"Not my fault you decide to sleep in your boxers. Now get dressed!" I walked out of his room and shut the door. I walked back to my room and fell on my bed. Only to be called by my mother.

"Mariella! Dear, please come down here!" she called from the stairs. I moaned and got off the bed.

"Whhhaaaattt!? Can't you see I'm tired!" I walked down the stairs, only to trip because my black curtain of my bangs in my face. Which is my hair.

"Mariella, dear, could you run next door and ask if they have any sugar? We're all out." She asked, as I made my way into the baby blue kitchen.

"Depends on what next door we are talking 'bout."

"Dominic's." She said, like there was nothing wrong. I glared at her.

"No."

"What?" She asked, pretending she didn't hear what I said.

"Ma! You know how we don't get along!" I whined.

"You are seventeen! You need to get over this, Mari. Doms a nice guy." Yeah, okay. Making me drop my books in school, calling me four eyes for about six years until I could finally get contacts, ending up in wrestling matches, and just the plain usual. Of course he's a nice guy..

"Yeah, to you he is."

"Just do it, please?"

"Why can't you ask your loving single, twenty-two year old son who still lives with mommy?" I ask, innocently.

"Hey, I heard that! I'm saving money to get my own apartment, you know? I'm only staying to help you and mother!" He called from his room. "Plus, I'm busy!"

"Whatever!" I threw my hands up in defeat and went to the door. I put on my boots and sweatshirt and headed next door. Realizing I'm in shorts and the freezing winter air sends chills up my legs. 'Smart Mari'. I told told myself.

Knock, Knock.

"Just a minute!" I heard Alessandra, Dom's mother, shout.

Please don't let Dom answer! I prayed, but of course, with my luck, he's the one to get it.

"I got it!" I heard Dom's deep voice from the other sideof the door call. When he opened it, I looked down refusing to look at him. "Ahh. Come to apologize, Amore?"

"Don't call me that." I hissed. "No, I did not come to apologize. Who would apologize to you? Certainly not I. I've come to ask if I could have some sugar." I said, glaring up at him, since he's 6'2" and I'm only 5'2"

"Depends on who it's for."

"Oh don't go being an ass, Dominic. Could I just have some sugar?" He looked down at me, and I shivered. Shorts aren't the best things. I saw his eyes travel to my legs and back up again. "ugh, you nasty fool! Please, Dominic?" I tried my best puppy dog face that usually works with my family.

"As long as you stop doing that face." He got out of the way and I smiled. I walked by him to see his mother.

"Hello, Marriella. How are you this morning?" She asked, standing up from sorting out movies.

"Tired. Very."

"It would make sense, your mother tells me you've been at the garage all week, basically. You are a very smart young lady, actually having a job. I've been begging my son to get one for the past month, but he won't." She said, sending him a look that said 'At least someones smart enough.' "what are you planning to do with the money?"

"I've been helping mom. You know, since it's hard for her. Her job doesn't offer much, and the house is a little hard. I've been saving up, too. I'm planning to go on a little road trip down to Mississippi."

"How nice of you! See, Dom, Why can't you be like her?" He glared.

"Uhhh, maybe because she's a girl? Sorry I'm not the right sex you wanted."

"It doesn't matter you aren't a girl, but I still love you, Dom." She said going to give him a hug but he refused.

"Ma!" She laughed and kissed him on the cheek. "Mother!" He cried. "Not cool." I laughed at his face. "Don't laugh at me!"

"Too late!"

"You know what...ugh! Never mind, you can go some where else for sugar!" And he stomped off to his room.

"Sorry about my son, dear." His mother said giggling."You need sugar?" I nodded and she walked over to the cabinet next to the fridge and grabbed the sugar. "Tell your mom she can have the whole thing. I've got two more."

"Thank you, Mrs. De Luca."

"Please, Mari, call me Alex." She said with a smile.

"Goodbye, Alex. Thanks again!" I said as I walked out of the front door and ran back home.

"I thought you died!" My brother said as I walked into the house. I glared at him."Dom is pretty tough, you know."

"No, Dante, it's just because your too weak." I laughed at the way he looked at me.

"No!"

"So, thats why I always win in arm wrestles?" I smirked.

"No! You don't always! I won a couple times!"

I snorted, "Because I let you win. Here's your sugar, mom." I gave her the sugar and I felt Dante starring at me.

"Not true!"

"Dannttteeee you're gonna be late!" I sang, just to annoy him. He growled at me and grabbed his jacket.

"I want a match when I get home." With that, he went to work. I sighed.

"Sleep! Finally!" I ran to my room, only to stop at my door.

"Mariella, when you awake I want that pig pen cleaned!" She called form the stairs. I groaned and said 'Okay.'

Once in my room I plopped a random CD in and fell on my bed, immediately falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter isn't a very extreme good one, but there's more to come.
I just have to get used to these characters..
I'm too used to the other two stories character's.
Well, comment? Anything? I'll have the next one out.
And I promise, I'll try my best to make it better :D!