Sequel: I Won't Fear Love.

Bleeding Heart

Don't you give up on me!

After my mother told me what happened to Dominic, we stood in the road for,well, I'm not sure. Enough time to have at least cars beeping at us, not realizing until someone got out and reached for us. That is when I told my mother to jump in the car, we were going to the hospital.

So here I am, in Dante's room. My own brother, I never thought that this would happen. I guess that's happening a lot to me lately. Surprises left and right.

"Does Desiree know?" I said, absentmindedly. Oh, about Dante and Desiree, I'd say they are madly in love. Heels over head, or is it head over heels...

"No. I need to call her." I shook my head. Heather had to go home, she said she needed Dominic..

Ugh..

My mother left the room to go see the front desk to use the phone. So I as stand here with a sleeping, well not aware of whatever is going on I guess, Dante something came to my mind.

Is it true that, even though they are in a coma that they can hear you?

Hmmmm, Let's give it a try.

"Dante? Big brother? C'mon, wake up. Show me how tough you really are. I'm already starting to miss you." His head was bandaged, and he broke his leg, it was stuck when they got him out. A car drove by at the exact same time he lost control and the car went over so they could call 911.

"C'mon Dante, for me? For Mom? Don't you ever let go, Dante. Don't you leave me.Don't you give up, you keep fighting, boy!

"Who's going to help me put the angel on the Christmas tree when I come to visit? Who's going to be there and pick on me, now that Dom's dating Heather? Who's going to give me all the help in the world when I need questions answered if mom or Heather don't have answers? I'll be mad at you, big brother. Promise me...that...you won't give up on us!" I was to the point of crying now, but I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see my mother. She opened her arms for me to hug and I jumped right into them.

Okay not literally jump but you know what I mean.

She went to sit down on the chair and sat me on her lap. Even though I'm 17, she still has me sit on her lap.

"Shhh, baby girl, everything's going to be fine. Dante will wake up soon. He's a strong boy, don't worry. Shhh. I know how it feels, it's okay."

Even though Dante and I got into fight sometimes, hey we're siblings, I love him like a sister should. I look up to him just like a daughter would to a father.

"Mom?" I asked, once I could speak. She wiped away the tears that were falling down my cheeks and shook her head. "You know how you said you were sorry that Dante and I didn't have a father figure?" She nodded again. "Well, he may not have, but I did. Dante is the closest I'll ever have for a father. I mean, he was always there to help me. And when...Alex..never was there, he was. He taught me how to ride my bike, he taught me how to make mud pies!" We laughed at the memory of my mother walking out of the house and seeing my brother and I covered in mud. "I mean, he's part of me. He helped me become who I am today. All of you have." She smiled and I put my head on her shoulder.

"Dante is a wonderful person, just like you. Trust me, God can't stop love, honey. It isn't Dante's turn, it's not. He'll come around in a couple days." I nodded as she rocked me back in fourth like I was 5 again.

I miss those days.

Then she started to hum my favorite lullaby. 'You are my sunshine.' She's sang that song ever sense I was born.

She told me that whenever she'd hum it when I was crying, she held me in her arms, sat in a rocking chair and started to hum to me. Then she started with words, and I would eventually fall asleep. When I was about 4 I started to sing the song myself.

Slowly I drifted to a deep sleep.

~.~.~

"What do you mean at least a month, Doctor Cooper?! His birthday is in a month! He'll wake up way before that. Don't you give him just a month or more!" I heard my mothers voice as she talked to the doctor. She was so frightened..

"Ma'am, I'm sorry." I sat up, how did she get me off? Then I looked over in the corner to Heather sitting On a wide awake Dominic.

"No, no. It's uh, fine. I uh- Oh, Mariella!" She walked and sat next to me. I turned my face to look at my brother. and when she sat down, I leaned against her.

"School? Why is Dominic and Heather here?"

"Baby, it's 3:00. You've been out for a long amount of time. You had us worried. Have you been sleeping well the past couple of days?" She asked as she hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"You're trying to hide something from me, mother. I already know what it is. No, I haven't. Why is Dominic here, mother?" I asked again.

"Because of Heather." Ugh, more pain. Actually thought he would feel a little sorry for me..and come see me..since he's my actuall brother..

UGh, not going to be selfish, bad bad Mariella.

"Why didn't you wake me up so I could go home and change and go to school?" I asked after a minute of silence.

"I didn't want to send you to school, I was to worried. Heather brought your homework home." I nodded and yawned, then my stomach growled."Oh dear, I'll go get us some food." She kissed my forehead. "Be nice." I nodded and sat back on the little couch like chair. As my mother was about to exit I called her name, suddenly curious.

"Mom!" she turned around and gave me a questioning look. "I know you can't pick me up, so who did?" She looked over to my left and I followed landing on Dominic's face. He was looking at me and I quickly turned my head. "Oh..okay. You can go now." I stood up and went to the chair next to my brothers bed and kissed his forehead, still having hope he'll wake up any moment.

Just then a very teary Desiree walked through the door, and once she saw Dante, I don't know, she..fell.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this one.
Deffinately how when Mariella understands how much her brother had an impact on her, and how she idolizes him because her father was never there. <3