Sequel: I Won't Fear Love.

Bleeding Heart

Sisters Always.

I stared at my brown/hazel eye mother. She didn't just say Beth and Dominic were cousins? I mean, Beth would have told me..

Plus, she basically drools over him, but she said it was an act...

"You're just...trying to take my mind off of Dante mother. C'mon, I'm serious." She looked at me with her face that told me she wasn't joking. "I don't believe, she would have told me."

Them Dominic spoke "When Bethany found out that we were cousins, she was only 11. The reason she told you was because she thought you would freak out because of me."

"Why would she think..oh" I stopped what I Was saying, because I realized. But she's my best friend, I wouldn't let Dominic be a problem. Sure they are relatives, have somewhat of the same blood running through them but I don't car. They both are different.

"It seems like a foolish reason why not tell you, but you guys were young." My mother said, shrugging. I sighed, defeated.

I turned and looked at Dominic, "Why aren't you going?" I asked him and he looked up from tickling Heather who was laughing now. ugh...

"Like your mother said, don't have the money." He said.

"Why is it during school?" He shrugged again.

"I don't know, to some of the people in our family education doesn't matter I guess? So you decide to speak to me directly now, eh?"

"OH, don't flatter yourself. Mother, really. What about..Alexis...ugh...never mind her brothers home from Iraq." I sighed and sunk in my chair. This is going to be one hell of a freaking week. I heard people stand up.

"We should be going, Ms.Mercadante. We have homework." Came Dominic's voice from behind me. Then I saw Heather come around on the opposite side and kiss Dante's forehead.

"Mariella, are you coming?" Heather said as she looked up.

"Uhh..I have my truck.." I said and she nodded.

"Honey, leave the truck. I'm going to need it." I glared at my mother.

"Desiree could just give you a ride." She shook her head, her beautiful long black hair falling over her face. She put it behind her ear.

"No, dear. Desiree has work. She has her son..." I sighed. I forgot about that..

I stood up and hugged my mother. "See ya, then. I'll come by tomorrow after school. I'll bring dinner, too. Oh, mother! what about work?" I asked, suddenly remembering she worked.

"Thats another reason for the truck." She kept her eyes on my brother. I went over and kissed his forehead.

"I'll come back tomorrow, Dante." Even though he's laying there, and the monitor was making that annoying sound, I still pretended he was just...resting and not in a coma.

"Oh, Mare?"

"Hmmm..?" I was about to walk out of the door and shut it, but my mother called me.

"Please, please, be nice." Yeah, yeah. I shook my head and walked after the two couples holding hands and laughing.

How they could be laughing? I don't know..I just can't..

~.~.~

The ride home with Dominic and Heather was..well..bad? One, Heather and Dominic wouldn't stop with the mushy mushy stuff. Then Dominic started talking to me about my brother..

Which made me loose it. But other than that, it's like none of it ever happened.

When we reached our houses, Heather and I went home to grab clothes. What surprised me is that Heather spoke.

"Mariella?" She said as I walked out of my room with two bags. One my clothes, yeah I know we live next door but it makes everything easier, and my book bag.

"Yeah?" I closed the door and turned around to face her.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything, coming here and ruining it between the two of you. I honestly didn't know, and I don't like it now. Dominic and I talked about it earlier today..He told me that everything was true. I'm so sorry!" She threw her arms around me. I didn't hug back for a couple seconds, but I dropped my bag and hugged her back. "Your brother is to wonderful to be in a coma, Mare. I'm really sorry." She sniffed.

"It's alright, now. Thanks Heather." She pulled away.

"I'm still extra sorry." She wiped her eyes.

"No need, I understand." I smiled and she smiled back.

"Sisters again?" She asked.

"Since when did we stop being sisters?" I raised one of my eyebrows and she laughed.

"Never."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long update =/
Having trouble with coming up with ideasss.